• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NPD: Deep Trip Kryptone II

Gretsch47

Gold Supporting Member
http://deeptripland.com/kryptone

I have had more than a few fuzz pedals over the years...Most had their strong points, a sweet spot where the pedal would sound it's best (bloom while decaying) or maybe it had an octave up at certain settings, etc. All those fuzzes have their place, which is in the recording studio in my opinion.

The Kryptone offers up a fuzz for the working musician in a band setting. It covers the widest possible range of vintage fuzz tones I have ever heard in a single fuzz pedal. I know that is a very big statement to make but with the (2) tone controls: "High's and Low's", the Bias, Volume and Fuzz along with the guitars volume knob it can cover all the bases and then some. All the controls are very responsive, offering up a vast palette of tones which work equally well with humbuckers or single coils.

With the new Kryptone, Deep Trip has acheived a fuzz that really cuts through the mix with just the right amount of compression and bite and not only that, the Kryptone works perfectly with my wah (a hand-wired VOX). Never have I had a fuzz that was so user friendly.

The cost for these Deep Trip pedals is relatively high $229.00 but in my case, this one single pedal satisfies all my gas for fuzz and is built like a tank with top components (the newer versions like mine are in smaller enclosures and offer more control over tone than the previous 3-knob version).

For anyone who is "on the fence" about purchasing a pedal from far away, Sao Paulo, Brazil...worry not! I received my pedal in 4 working days from the time it was shipped as the owner "Du" promised. His emails have always been quick and very friendly and as I found out previously, he has exceptional customer service and stands behind his workmanship..(The first pedal I ordered was damaged by the US carrier and he sent a replacement to me immediately and covered the cost(+) of shipping my damaged pedal back to Brazil. I received my new pedal in 4 days, well before he even received my damaged one).

These are all my words not copied from some website. I am in no way affiliated with Deep Trip...just a very happy Kryptone owner. Now, back to playing. :JAM

deeohgee

Thanks for the write up. Thinking about getting one. I used to have the V1 BOG which was brilliant but unfortunately succumbed to GAS and was traded. I currently have a V2 Hellbender which absolutely rips, the Kryptone could be a fun addition to my board.

Gretsch47

Gold Supporting Member
Deeohgee, I remember you from a sale or trade from quite a while ago.

Yeah the previous Hellbender was just killer. Unfortunately Du is a month or two out from releasing the newer small box version. Personally, for my rig (humbuckers, etc) I like the Kryptone a bit more, I think it's a bit brighter, with a bit less singing sustain as the Hellbender, although I haven't heard the new and improved Hellbender, I'm sure it'll be one I'll have to pick up as well. The BOG is more suited to single coils I think and a bit darker than the other two.

Maybe Du will chime in here with some clarification...I've never owned the BOG so I can't say for sure.

JimiStrat

The site asks people to send them a message with their questions... Payment, shipments, etc... Shoot him a message!

Gretsch47

Gold Supporting Member
Paypal is what I used.
Du told me when pedal would ship and I sent it via Paypal. I had the pedal that week (needless to say, I was surprised to get it so soon via USPS) It takes longer to send something to Brazil than from there apparently.

JimiStrat

Brazilian mail is the best in the world... One of the few things that work incredibly well the... I am Brazilian, and I am not bragging. It's just true... I've been living in Canada for 13 years now, and the amount of mistakes the post office makes here drives me crazy...

Menegozzo

Hello! This is Du Menegozzo from Deep Trip! Just wanted to let you know you guys can contact me anytime, please send my way all your questions, doubts and more importantly, complaints! That's my opportunity to make it better next time! :) ALL contact channels lead to me, including website forms, email, Facebook messages... well, everything! So, choose yours and write your thoughts, I'll be happy to read and answer ASAP.

Thanks a lot for your review, Gretsch47! Like I've wrote to you more than once already, all the hard work I do comes down to this very moment when a guitar player trusts Deep Trip, wants to try our work and ends up liking, enjoying, making it useful to his/her music. It's fantastic! That's why I love what I do: I make the tone, so you guys make music, have fun and enjoy! :phones

I've just edited the website BUY info to make it clear, mr. Pointy Headstock! And thanks a lot for pointing (pun intended) it wasn't clear about shipping and payment. Please let me know if anyone has any other suggestion about the website, I can edit it quite easily from my desktop.

We do ship worldwide, anywhere you need, and we take PayPal.
Since 2007 I've shipped pedals all around the globe, it's easy for me. Like Gretsch47 said, shipping isn't expensive and it doesn't take long either. It's about $20 for USA, Western Europe etc., and it takes about 6 business days max. So, it's almost as easy as buying something from a big shop in the US, but it also brings a little bit of tropical freshness to your mailbox! (in fact, right now it's over 30 Celsius here, so it would me more like "tropical heat"... :D )

We can currently deliver orders in one week or less. So, if anyone gets excited and want to try a BOG or Kryptone, just fill the BUY form on the website and your pedal can be flying to you in a few days.
We're making more pedals each month in order to be in a dealer closer to you soon!

Brett "Burgs" Kingman was the man that brought Deep Trip to the big channels back in 2009. He heard about the website and offered making a video. Those were probably some of the first demo videos he ever did! Now he has already got the new pedals too, we should have a nice video review soon. Meanwhile, Kfir Ochaion has made two fantastic ones on both BOG and Kryptone models, here:

Deep Trip BOG Fuzz Demo by Kfir Ochaion -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-UE7APUGKA

Deep Trip Kryptone Fuzz Demo by Kfir Ochaion -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkODSBCeaRo

And there's also a nice comparison video by PedaiseEfeitos.com here:
VERSUS: BOG x Kryptone by PedaiseEfeitos -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_zd3n6nSBk

We are looking for dealers all around, you guys can let your local favorite shops know that, tell them to take a look at the website and send us a message, maybe we can add a few more colors of fuzz to their shelves! :stir

Thanks a lot for your interest and opinions! And please feel free to contact me anytime. :)

Thanks a lot!
Du Menegozzo

Last edited:

chankgeez

... Kfir Ochaion has made two fantastic ones on both BOG and Kryptone models, here:

Deep Trip BOG Fuzz Demo by Kfir Ochaion -

Deep Trip Kryptone Fuzz Demo by Kfir Ochaion -

And there's also a nice comparison video by PedaiseEfeitos.com here:
VERSUS: BOG x Kryptone by PedaiseEfeitos -
Nice.

I fixed your videos there.

chankgeez

You're welcome. This forum only requires that you put the last string of characters in the YouTube tags. Just quote my post above to see how it's done.

Top Bottom