NPD: DMM XO

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
I've actually had the pedal for more than a week, but I just got it back this afternoon from AnalogMan, who installed Panasonic MN3008 chips and recalibrated the pedal. I honestly don't know why I waited so long to finally get myself a nice DMM, but I'm glad I finally have one for my board. It really is a glorious sound. AnalogMan did the mods in like two days as well. Really great customer service for anyone considering it.

It's funny, for years I spent countless dollars chasing the best Marshall in a Box pedals, always finding myself not quite 100% happy until I finally decided to just get myself a good old Marshall JCM800. I feel the same about the DMM, as I've bought so many delays over the years that were meant to cop that DMM sound but without the 24v power requirement and the larger footprint. But nothing ever really got that sound. Well the 24 volts thing wasn't that difficult to solve with the right power supply, and the DMM XO's footprint isn't really all that unwieldy. Anyway, we got there in the end, and I am delighted with how great it sounds.

index.php

index.php

Danzego

Did you have the pedal prior to this and shipped it to Analogman to get modded or did you get it brand new from them? If you had it prior, how much was it to get the mods done (if you don’t mind me asking). I’m trying to track one down but they’re out of stock everywhere. I’d really like to avoid having to resort to a Nano for my first DMM. :(

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
Did you have the pedal prior to this and shipped it to Analogman to get modded or did you get it brand new from them? If you had it prior, how much was it to get the mods done (if you don’t mind me asking). I’m trying to track one down but they’re out of stock everywhere. I’d really like to avoid having to resort to a Nano for my first DMM. :(
I had initially ordered a DMM XO from Analogman with the mods back in December, but they said they were back ordered from EHX, not expected until March. When March rolled around, AM contacted me again and said that EHX doesn't even have an estimate now for when they'll be available again. Not sure if EHX is just pushing people toward the new Nano versions or if perhaps there are genuine supply chain issues. Anyway, I canceled my order from Analogman and shopped around online until I found a shop that had one brand new one left. Once I got that, I brought it up to Analogman for the mods.

If you go to the DMM page on Analogman's site, there is a mods sheet that outlines all the different options and costs for each. I opted to get the four new MN3008 chips ($20 per chip) plus a recalibration ($40), so a total of $120, plus what I paid for the pedal new elsewhere. I highly recommend it, assuming you can find a DMM XO somewhere else. Good luck!

Edit: For what it's worth, I also have a DMM Nano, and it sounds fantastic too! It's an absolutely killer pedal, IMO. So if that winds up being your only option, you shouldn't be too disappointed.

Last edited:

Danzego

I had initially ordered a DMM XO from Analogman with the mods back in December, but they said they were back ordered from EHX, not expected until March. When March rolled around, AM contacted me again and said that EHX doesn't even have an estimate now for when they'll be available again. Not sure if EHX is just pushing people toward the new Nano versions or if perhaps there are genuine supply chain issues. Anyway, I canceled my order from Analogman and shopped around online until I found a shop that had one brand new one left. Once I got that, I brought it up to Analogman for the mods.

If you go to the DMM page on Analogman's site, there is a mods sheet that outlines all the different options and costs for each. I opted to get the four new MN3008 chips ($20 per chip) plus a recalibration ($40), so a total of $120, plus what I paid for the pedal new elsewhere. I highly recommend it, assuming you can find a DMM XO somewhere else. Good luck!

Duly noted. Thanks for the info.

I actually have one preordered through Analogman that my wife bought for my birthday. She ordered it at the beginning of January. I called today to see if they have any idea on delivery time yet and the dude I talked to contacted EHX to find out what’s up. He called back and said that EHX doesn’t even know when they’ll be available. I didn’t cancel the order because at least I can have that sitting while I figure out what I want to do. :huh:dunno

Glad you’re loving it! What does the chip change accomplish? I’ve heard the stock ones were pretty slammin’, but I could be wrong.

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
Duly noted. Thanks for the info.

I actually have one preordered through Analogman that my wife bought for my birthday. She ordered it at the beginning of January. I called today to see if they have any idea on delivery time yet and the dude I talked to contacted EHX to find out what’s up. He called back and said that EHX doesn’t even know when they’ll be available. I didn’t cancel the order because at least I can have that sitting while I figure out what I want to do. :huh:dunno

Glad you’re loving it! What does the chip change accomplish? I’ve heard the stock ones were pretty slammin’, but I could be wrong.
Adds more headroom so it doesn't distort as quickly and maintains a bit more clarity.

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
FTW, words of wisdom.
Wisdom acquired through decades of fruitlessly chasing the dragon. If I had everything I spent over the years on MIAB pedals, I could have just bought several killer Marshalls.

My delay search wasn't quite as ridiculous, but in retrospect I do wish I had simply gone right for the DMM at the beginning rather than try to find an acceptable facsimile.

Black_Label

Silver Supporting Member
Wisdom acquired through decades of fruitlessly chasing the dragon. If I had everything I spent over the years on MIAB pedals, I could have just bought several killer Marshalls.

My delay search wasn't quite as ridiculous, but in retrospect I do wish I had simply gone right for the DMM at the beginning rather than try to find an acceptable facsimile.
Amen to all of that. The DMM can be copied but never really equaled. Ive had about a dozen DMMs - modern of all flavors (except the new little one) and a few vintage ones. The best of them is my Analogman XO that I’ve held on to. The AM service is worth every penny, imo.

david(j)

Silver Supporting Member

Man there is a lot to be said for going straight to the source. I went through that kind of thing for years with a Les Paul.

Congratulations on the DMM! Bet it’s great...

WolfmansBrother

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats, OP! Sweet DMM.

I have never had one, but it's been "the" delay I still plan to buy at some point. My delay journey was a carbon copy to a Analogman ARDX20, and I have been satisfied with the ARDX20 for many years.

You're reminding me that I still need to try out a DMM!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom