Npd! Dwarfcraft Arf

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, May 19, 2015.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

I've been really into modulation effects lately and I have to say this is one of the most excited i've been for a pedal recently. I'm really looking forward into experimenting with the possibilities this opens up....

Also, the first pink pedal i'm excited to put on my board! I love how it looks...

[​IMG]

"ARF stands for Attack, Release, Filter. This is pedal comes filled with good synthy goodness! The Attack/Release envelope's range is determined by the knobs on the face, while the activation of the envelop and the duration of the sustained peak are controlled by a foot switch or CV gate signal.

This means much greater control than typical "envelope follower" style filter pedals, which have a habit of triggering at the wrong times. The envelope boasts an absurd range, from "click-and-it's-over" to multi-measure swells and drops. It can also be sent out of the pedal for integration with other CV compatible gear.

The envelope is wired directly to the filter, an aggressive low pass type filter with enough "extra" on the resonance to get some self oscillation. The filter cutoff can also be controlled via CV input. The filter can be over-driven via the "drive" knob for a familiar stomp box sound. There are even a few settings that can create pitch shifting glitch effects!"

calebisonfire and rbrogan like this.
  2. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Member

I use one of these in my Eddie Cochran cover band.

Tiny Montgomery likes this.
  3. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Awesome! Any clips? Would love to hear how others are using it.

4. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

The Ruiner buying spree continues :D
    The Knobs demo of this pedal is fantastic. I can see why you bought it!

5. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Member

I wasn't trying to be a ruiner. I saw the word ARF and thought it was going to be Zappa-related. I wouldn't know what to do with that pedal for the stuff I do, but I'm not as creative as some either!

6. afterosmosis

afterosmosis Member

This looks interesting, might have to track one down...

7. Madsen

Madsen Member

love the Dwarfcraft stuff.

FoxV likes this.
  8. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Knobs is awesome... i think he can make me want to purchase just about any pedal...................................

.......... not that that's a HUGE accomplishment. :D

I think for the type of stuff you play, you'd dig this as well.

9. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Made a quick clip to demonstrate what the Dwarfcraft ARF (Attack Release Filter) and Old Blood Noise Procession reverb on the tremolo setting can do.

Those are the only 2 pedals being used, no volume pedal, no dirt, nothing. That's all from the Envelope momentary switch on the Dwarfcraft ARF. This thing is so fun! You can control how long the attack is (or build is) when you hold down the momentary switch and how long the release is or how long it winds down for as well as the Rez, Freq and Depth. This is only one out of many ways you can use this pedal.

[soundcloud]

coltonius and E.Z. like this.
  10. monochrome

monochrome Member

I'm quite interested in this pedal and can't wait to try one. Love the knobs demo. How do you guys like the arf after a few months? Do you actually use it or just keep it on display for the graphics? :D

11. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

I still use it often. It's one of my core modulation pedals.

12. monochrome

monochrome Member

That's great! I'm thinking about pairing it with a Dr. Scientist BitQuest for some additional madness. May I ask where you put the ARF in your chain?

13. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Normally after dirt before delay and verb in with other mods and placed depending what other mods are there but i highly highly suggest moving it around and trying it in all kinds of different places. You'll get very different results that you'll find interesting for different applications.

monochrome and Clean Channel like this.