NPD: Earthquaker Devices Palisades (Aries, 2015 Year of the Pedal Edition, 1/40)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DeadCell, May 8, 2015.

1. DeadCell

DeadCell Member

I was not expecting the purplish-bronze color but I like it. From the stock pics, it looked black. Haven't plugged it in yet but I'm excited :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Big_ryan

Big_ryan Member

i love my palisades so much

3. DeadCell

DeadCell Member

Just got done playing around with it and I'm impressed. It's even better than the demos I've heard. I'm torn between voicings 3 & 5.

And I love how it can go from this mild overdrive tone to a full on crunch/distortion. I hate transparent over drives, what's the point in even having it when it's so subtle that your listeners don't even know it's on? Well, even at its lowest gain setting, it's very mild overdrive, but you can tell it's there. I may be in love.

4. earwax

earwax Member

I like my palisades as well but yours looks better.

5. DeadCell

DeadCell Member

I thought the black and white was pretty sexy too. But they both cost the same price so I went for the limited edition paint.

6. feet

feet Supporting Member

part of me wonders if this could replace my sl drive or jhs 808, part of me knows it probably can, part of me doesn't care and a larger part of me doesn't want to pay for one.

love the lakers but would prefer one of the other finishes.

7. DeadCell

DeadCell Member

You nailed it, Lakers colors, why didn't I think of that? I hate the Lakers, but still dig the color scheme of this thing.

My board needs color, that's one of the reasons why I chose this one.

Never used the SL Drive or the JHS 808 so I can't verify. I'm just glad to get the Soul Food off of my board.

8. Veritas

Veritas Silver Supporting Member

I just picked up a standard issue Palisades. I cant believe more people aren't talking about this pedal. It is so well designed and implemented. It is literally 3 stages of drive/boost and you can perfectly tailor it to your rig with the voice and bandwidth controls. Fabulous pedal. Well done EQD.

9. DeadCell

DeadCell Member

Agreed. 6 clipping options, 5 bandwidth settings, a buffer switch, a bright switch, plus a boost switch.... there's a kitchen sink packed into this thing somewhere.

So underrated.

10. Bradleyonmic

Bradleyonmic Member

I truly think the Palisades has already saved me a couple hundred bucks in pedals, because honestly, what mid hump od tone can you not get with it? I am thinking about how I'm going to paint mine 10 years down the road when it's all scuffed up, because I know it'll still be on my board. Well unless they invent some Read Your Mind drive or the like. Hey, it's no more far fetched than TC's toneprint reconfiguring the pedal by holding your cellphone to your pickups would've sounded 20 years ago. lol

11. Enusire

Enusire Member