NPD: Free the Tone Future Factory Delay

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
As far as preset organization goes I suggest copying presets 1-4 in locations past the factory presets, leaving 1-4 for your own stuff.

As far as I'm aware if you save a preset of settings you've made to positions 1 - 4 it won't overwrite the factory presets.

It saves them as a 'user' preset and leaves the factory ones in place.

apoyando

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah I was trying that out last night and absolutely loved it.

Factory preset #3 is that set up as a starting point.

One thing I'm interesting in trying is setting Dealy A and Delay B up for chorus on both and panning them. Interested to see what that sounds like bouncing between 2 cabs.
I believe the factory preset(s) labeled Stereo Chorus do just that..

apoyando

Silver Supporting Member
As far as I'm aware if you save a preset of settings you've made to positions 1 - 4 it won't overwrite the factory presets.

It saves them as a 'user' preset and leaves the factory ones in place.
I don’t think so.. it’s just an alternate way to choose the first of potentially 128 presets.. there are no user banks. Unless there’s been a firmware update if I put a chorus in preset 3 that will remain the same whether I access it by midi,footswitch or encoder

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t think so.. it’s just an alternate way to choose the first of potentially 128 presets.. there are no user banks. Unless there’s been a firmware update if I put a chorus in preset 3 that will remain the same whether I access it by midi,footswitch or encoder

Interesting.......

I was going off this:

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 9.54.13 am.png

earwax

Was messing around with one of the Chorus presets yesterday (I can't remember if this is #3 or #15).

Sounded damn good in the room.

Sounds good in the video too!

Was trying to like the new RE202 so much but your thread pulled me back to the FF. It just sounds so good and this clip is just an example of its versatility.

Steve73

Yeah, i don’t have a chorus or flanger on my board anymore either, the FF will cover those really competently (unless you are really a chorus/flanger nut). Someone had a video on the ‘tube about dialing in chorus and flanger tones on a delay unit and it works great on the FF with all the control available in the mod section.
As mentioned above, I love the fact that the FF has one delay sound, one great delay sound that you can modify for what you are looking for. I am tired of multi engine delays, I just want one great tone.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
As mentioned above, I love the fact that the FF has one delay sound, one great delay sound that you can modify for what you are looking for. I am tired of multi engine delays, I just want one great tone.

Agree 100%.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
It sounds great with Dimension C too.

I'm only running the DC-2W in mono here, and I'm kind wishing I had hooked it up in stereo.

I love how the Future Factory swirls around here.

This is Strat > DC-2W > AC30. The Future Factory is running after the amp.

kingdavidy2k

When I first got my future factory I tried to copy a couple of sounds from my starlight and Volante and was fairly successful. The eq really helps get you in the ballpark and a little bit of soft sat goes a long way. Though I couldn’t get the exact sounds, I much preferred the future factory when compared to both the starlight and Volante as the fidelity is just outstanding and the soft sat being analog sounded more “real” to me. I sold the other pedals shortly after.

As a side note the starlight has some pretty extreme eq going on which became evident when dialing in the above.
This just sold me to the FF.
But one last inquiry, can it emulate DIG's 12bit mode with heavy mod?

jlcogar

Silver Supporting Member
Got mine yesterday and haven’t spent a lot of time with it yet, but really liking it. Very intuitive control layout. Been able to duplicate a few of the most used presets from my lexicon rack units and some of them sound better than the lex’s to me.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Got mine yesterday and haven’t spent a lot of time with it yet, but really liking it. Very intuitive control layout. Been able to duplicate a few of the most used presets from my lexicon rack units and some of them sound better than the lex’s to me.

Glad you're enjoying it.

jlcogar

Silver Supporting Member
The preset 15 is very cool. It’s almost spot on to a setting a came up with on my lexicon mpx-1 years ago I still use. It has the width and doubling of the evh 5150 album Eventide detune without all the sheen. A chorus haters chorus. Sounds better to me for this than the mpx-1, but that may be due to the routing and mixer setup in my rack rig. Gonna hook it up mono later and play with eq and clipping circuit to see how close I can get to a dmm sound.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom