NPD(Friday) Mustang

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kstrat62, May 3, 2015.

1. kstrat62

kstrat62 Member

Just got a TritonLab Mustang in on Fri and gave it a go yesterday. It's a Jfet distortion and sounds pretty huge! Harry Maes has a great demo of it(he sold me on it). I haven't got to do a lot with it yet but it is sounding very good on a higher gain setting, very full, articulate and BIG. Won't get to play it live for a couple of weeks but it seems like it's a keeper!

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  2. Serenity

Serenity Member

Thanks for sharing. Not heard of this one before. Sounds really good. Didn't expect it to have that much gain on tap. I might have to try this one out.
    Here's the demo for anyone that's interested.

3. kstrat62

kstrat62 Member

It has quite a bit of gain! The best description I can give at this point is that it can sound like the MI Audio SCB, but with more balls, bigger and more eq options.

4. harrymaes

harrymaes Member

Great that you like it! It has some character of Mesa and Orange with a Marshall tonestack. With gain 1 higher and gain 2 lower you can get Plexi like tones. I even like it with low gain settings.

5. flyonthewall150

flyonthewall150 Supporting Member

I have the TritonLab Caravan distortion. The one in this burgs demo:

Killer pedal. The one he makes called the "Patactica" or whatever is a two channel version of the Caravan.

6. kstrat62

kstrat62 Member

Thanks Harry! It's a beast and sounds so good with the gain up I haven't given it a go on the lower gain settings, but I will!

7. harrymaes

harrymaes Member