NPD!!!! Ibanez DE7!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cgkindler, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

Local shop had it used for $59

Plugged it in and it worked flawlessly. However, the switch started having issues (intermiditely working) and there was scratching when you moved the pedal. They said $25 as is where is.

I said heck yeah!!

Put it in on my board, and I switch it on gently and it's worked perfectly! Man, what a killer sound!! The echo is gorgeous on it and the delay is quite nice as well. Probably the best $25 I've spent on guitar gear. If it last for a few months I'm good.

I figure when/if it dies, I might have a friend help me rehouse it, because it's just that awesome.

Dare I say, it competes with the deep blue delay? (Tone wise, certainly not quality wise lol)

Anyone else out there have love for the fabled (and very underated) DE7?

2. FuzzFaceJ

FuzzFaceJ Member

That whole Tone Lok series is underrated to me, enjoy!

3. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

Love, love my DE7. It's not on y board right now, but it's going back on soon.

4. wyldesigns

wyldesigns Member

I have two

The one i bought second hand a year ago, the other I got from a friend who stomped on it for years, and he is a 6.6 giant..

Not a single issue with either and the sound amazing.

5. Bennihana

Bennihana Member

The only delay pedal I had for many years. I got rid of it a couple years ago. It truly is underrated, but still missing a few of those bells and whistles others have since gained. I just stick with my echohead now. Took forever to find a sanely priced one so Im not getting rid of it.
    I do remember trying to hunt down a DE7, but they were damn near impossible to find when I was looking.

6. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

I've kept my eyes peeled for one ever since a thread talked about one a while back. It just so happened I could this one! Crazy!

7. thecornman

thecornman Member

Try some contact cleaner on the switch! Yes it is a great sounding delay and a hell of a bargain for the sound quality.

8. mrclean77

mrclean77 Supporting Member

The series looks/seems gimmicky, I always thought that was why it was underrated, but I dig em. The delay is another dig delay that can squeeze a lot more out than you'd think.

9. kdc113

kdc113 Member

I love mine, actually, have 3 of them. Its my first delay and my favorite. I bought a secon for a small board. An the thirdth as spare if one is broken, but actually, my first is 13 years old without troubles.

10. High Pedality

High Pedality Member

These three amigos, right here.
    [​IMG]

11. The Villano Dude

The Villano Dude Member

12. Great Shot Pilot

Great Shot Pilot Supporting Member

Sounds like you got the full DE7 experience: awesome echo mode, funky switch!

13. InkblotNebula

InkblotNebula Member

Unmatchable pedal. The switch went on my first one after a few years, but the one I have now has been faultless for a long time now. After 8 years I don't think I could live without it.

14. keithb7

keithb7 Supporting Member

I just picked up one of these fine DE7 pedals yesterday. Holy man I am having fun with it. The echo, analog modeling is excellent. I paid $50 Canadian, about $37 US. Heck of a deal. Just last week I was flirting with an analog bog box Memory Man. Not saying the DE7 is as good but, for the price I paid? I'm good!

15. jcs

jcs Member

I look for near minty ones in the Tone Lok series....soo, I now have a pair of DE7 after much searching!

16. Sammicus15

Sammicus15 Member

Just hooked mine up today, before seeing this - awesome pedal!!