NPD, Joyo Digital Delay

Maltese Fan

71HgASBNxyL._SL1500_.jpg
My Joyo Digital Delay got here today. Running it in the loop of my 6505+.
Sweetens up single note runs nicely. Not noisy at all. No tone suck. Big thumbs up.

Last edited:

northstar6000

Cool. New pedal day is always a great day.

How does it compare to other digital delays? I've got a few Joyo pedals (Sweet Baby & AC Tone) and think their great bang for the buck. I'm curious how their digital pedals are.

mtayl339

I've always loved how Joyo uses the same font as NWA's Straight Outta Compton.
n-w-a-straight-outta-compton-album-cover.jpg

Also, I'm all about cheap delay pedals. I used to have a Behringer digital delay that was virtually identical sound-wise to my Boss DD-3. Great stuff. The Joyos look better built too.

northstar6000

I've had a DD-3 and Hardwire delay, I also usually use rack stuff. This pedal holds it's own.

That great that it sounds good man.
Theres nothing like getting good gear for a steal.

I'm still on the hunt for a cheap Chinese Rat clone. It's such a great time to be a guitar player with so many reasonably priced options.

cheapgtrs

That great that it sounds good man.
Theres nothing like getting good gear for a steal.

I'm still on the hunt for a cheap Chinese Rat clone. It's such a great time to be a guitar player with so many reasonably priced options.
Check out the Little Bear R.attack. It held own against my Whiteface plus has the 3 way toggle for Turbo Rat, You Dirty Rat and standard. Has a lm308 op amp. I thought it sounded pretty good.

northstar6000

Check out the Little Bear R.attack. It held own against my Whiteface plus has the 3 way toggle for Turbo Rat, You Dirty Rat and standard. Has a lm308 op amp. I thought it sounded pretty good.

Thanks for the suggestion man. Just googled it. Holy crap it's not just a clone; it's practically a replica.

Jimmy3Fingers

Gotta love budget delays. Picked up a Donner Yellow Fall for $20 to stack with my Nova and couldn't be happier for the price.

DeVilleDude

One of the few original series that I don't have. Congrats! At around $30, makes you feel like you stole it.

tedm

It's a little known secret, but most of the boutique builders are cloning these circuits and selling for 10x.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
Very cool. I have a $35 BiYang AD-10 that's one of the best sounding delay pedals I've ever heard, regardless of price. Construction is as good or better than most every $$$ pedal I've owned.

98% of pedals on the market have about $15 worth of parts in them, regardless of selling price. Some guys just like to spend $250-400 for the sticker or wacky paint job on the case. ;)

liv_rong

I have one and I enjoy it but will eventually upgrade. One thing weird with mine was the battery, once it died the pedal didn't work but I never knew because I always had power to it. So one day the thing just stopped working and I thought it failed and removed it from the board and stopped using it. Then one day for some reason I picked it up again and thought to remove the battery and I did and it worked again. I don't know anything about electronics but I thought it was weird.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom