NPD: Maxon content

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by leighianson, Jun 2, 2015.

1. leighianson

leighianson Supporting Member

Ok so for the last year or so I've been looking for an ad900 as I have an ad999 and love it. My grand plan would be to run a stereo signal with each analog delay going to separate amps.

Over the past year the aussie dollar has plummeted making it quite a bit more expensive to buy from the states, but I've still been looking on reverb and eBay. Then last week I found a ad900 in Sydney for a good price and jumped on it, it's a 2 chip mn3005 version and it came today. Sounds smooth and rich, it's everything I'd hoped it would be. I AB'd the two for about 10 mins or so and the descriptions I read online are spot on. The 900 is smooth and I could run the mix higher as it sat perfectly beneath my playing, whereas the 999 is a grungy but a bit brighter sound prefect for more driven tones.

Even though they were in series not stereo, I set the 900 up for a 1/4 note and the 999 for a dotted 8th and it sounded magnificent! Who needs the Dig.

2. mojostompboxes

mojostompboxes Member

3. direneed

direneed Member

I've been using AD900s for ~15 yrs as my main delays. Have tried many others but nothing compares to the tone of the original 2-chip AD900. I currently run a pair of them in stereo post-chorus split with different delay times set to the golden ratio. I even have a spare AD900 just in case one of them dies. I've owned or still own a TTE, Diamond ML 1 & 2, AD999 Pro, AD99, AD9, AD80, EAR AD4096, DM-2, Echorec, Belle Epoch, Mallekko 600 D & B, EH DMM, and probably a few others I cannot remember. The AD900 is the absolute king of analog delay tone and by far the lowest noise of any. Not a lot of features obviously, but what a classic delay pedal. Enjoy it!

4. howthewestwas1

howthewestwas1 Supporting Member

Congrats! I have been wanting to try the ad900 for sometime now. I liked the ad-999 but felt the initial repeat was a little brighter than I wanted. I understand that the 900 is buffered bypass. How is the bypass signal? How about tonal integrity once engaged? Thanks!

5. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

It is the best sounding analog delay, no question.