NPD! Mooer Black Secret. It's so cute!

JerEvil

Silver Supporting Member
So this came in today. Got it Wednesday off eBay for a pretty great price. Super fast shipping. Going to take it home tonight and compare with a buddy's '86 RAT he let me borrow and see "how it do."

I can not believe how little this pedal is …

And for a size comparison …

Metal case and switch feel solid. I will probably still be very gentle when using the switch and toggle for "Turbo/Vintage" voicing. I must say, I am impressed with how well the pedal was packaged. Actually packaged better than stuff I have gotten from MXR/EHX.

Will Chen

Platinum Supporting Member
I've been so tempted by this pedal a number of times. going to have to pick one up eventually.

partytrain

Rat just left my board due space needs. I think I could squeeze that bad boy on it though.

JerEvil

Silver Supporting Member
I've been so tempted by this pedal a number of times. going to have to pick one up eventually.
Got this new at "better than used" pricing so had to do it.

Rat just left my board due space needs. I think I could squeeze that bad boy on it though.
Yeah man, I knew these were small but sheesh! Can't wait to get it home and give it a go. Some of the comparison vids I have seen between this and the RAT and Turbo RAT are spot on.

EDIT:
This is the vid that sold me on it

JinX78

Sounds the same...on the video....on my ipad. If it's that close in real life that's a great deal. Kinda interested!

JerEvil

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds the same...on the video....on my ipad. If it's that close in real life that's a great deal. Kinda interested!
Getting ready to leave work and go take it for a spin! By the way, I checked out your band. I play in an all original punk band here in Las Vegas called Cherry 2000. I dig your stuff.

JinX78

Getting ready to leave work and go take it for a spin! By the way, I checked out your band. I play in an all original punk band here in Las Vegas called Cherry 2000. I dig your stuff.
Thank you sir! I'll have to check it out. Let us know how you like the pedal:rockin

Axis29

Love my Black Secret! I don't have a Rat to compare it to directly these days. I've played through a couple of RI's and liked them. My BS is close enough and sounds incredible at home or on stage!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Satan666

I've seen several you tube comparison clips with Rats and all of them are basically identical in sound. Considering the build quality, tiny size and cheap price ( they're like $80 here in Australia) they are a pretty attractive option.

I've never used a Rat and i wonder how vicious the distortion/gain goes on these? Thinking of picking one up as well. You can never have too many distortions, right?

KoskineN

Silver Supporting Member
Great! I've never really tried a Rat type pedal, and I'm really tempted to get one now.
Are the Eno version the same as the Mooer?

JerEvil

Silver Supporting Member
Great! I've never really tried a Rat type pedal, and I'm really tempted to get one now.
Are the Eno version the same as the Mooer?
Not sure on the Eno's.

I did a little comparison clip this morning. I'll get it posted shortly.

monty

I remember reading that it does.

I played mine side by side with my 86, very very close.

benjammin_

i'd be surprised, i think the LM308 is through-hole and pretty sure they are only using SMT. pure speculation because i couldn't find a gutshot, but i'm guessing they are just using a standard SMT opamp, maybe the TL071 or something