NPD: Moog Cluster Flux

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, May 13, 2015.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Actually, i've had it for a couple weeks now but just got to dive into it last night... even then i'm only on the flange side and haven't even touched the chorus side of it! It's incredible how many different sounds you can get out of this thing.... same for any Moog really. I'm on my third right now:

[​IMG]

Found some VERY cool percussive settings on this that made for killer rhythm tracks.

The rhythm on this clip is the Cluster Flux on the flange setting with Supermoon for the 'verb.

Here's an example of that (and also a bunch of other pedals mixed in)

The rhythm on this clip is the Cluster Flux on the flange setting with Supermoon for the 'verb.

Lead is Binson, Afterneath and Soothsayer.

Thought i'd share cause there's some really cool tones coming from all of these things.....

[soundcloud]

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  2. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

That's a lot of sonic goodness there. I bet with the 104m you can get some absolute craziness going. I'd love to get a Cluster Flux some day.

3. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Yeah, and i just ordered this 3 input expression pedal so i can control parameters on all 3 simultaneously and the pedal controls midi parameters as well so who knows what i can to with it! Experiments to come!

[​IMG]

4. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

Awesome man....I'd LOVE to play around with some Moog stuff man!

5. 71strat

71strat Member

I have a few of the Moogerfoogers on the horizon for purchase.

I want the Clusterflux, MF101 Low Pass Filter, Stage Phaser, CP251 controller.

Cool EXP Pedal. Now you've given me gas for 1 of those. I have the Minifooger Drive, Tremolo, Delay and the Moogerfooger MF104M Super Delay and the Moogerfooger Ring Modulator.

Ive barely scratched the surface on the SD or the Ring Mod. Huge learning curve and endless possibilities.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

First of all... i'm super jealous of your amp. :beer

As far as the expression pedal, i'm pretty sure it's designed to handle any kind of pedal by doing this:

"The Reflex has three standard ¼” expression jacks with a separate set of DIP switches for each. This allows the user to select individual plug configurations or CV (Control Voltage) output mode to accommodate any brand of effects pedal. Reflex also includes a 5-pin MIDI output for sending MIDI CC messages and a USB port so the pedal can be used as a class compliant USB-MIDI device with any digital audio software."

71strat likes this.
  7. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

I dig that clip, Ruiner! Cool rhythm part. And the Afterneath sounds nice on the lead. Great stuff!

8. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Now i'm thinking of how it would sound with a Throbby, haha.

9. Ev O)))

Ev O))) Member

These things do ******** Sample and Hold just in case you hadn't noticed. 8:45 in.

10. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

So, with that pedal does it control all three parameters in the same direction, or can you set it to reverse sweep some parameters? As in, push toe down, increase feedback, decrease rate, etc....

11. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

I didn't know that. Very cool!

12. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Well it hasn't been released yet and there is little info on it but according to their website it looks like it can:

"The Reflex Universal Expression Controller is a massively versatile and programmable expression pedal that works with any brand of effects pedal as well as DAW software. Simultaneously send up to three standard expression signals, MIDI continuous controller messages, as well as six LFO wave shapes whose modulation speed is controlled by the pedal. The Reflex also allows you to program which outputs are active, the depth and direction of the expression signal, and the curve of the tapers. Save up to 128 expression configurations, recallable via the onboard controls or external MIDI program change messages."

13. Ev O)))

Ev O))) Member

Yeah it was a big HNNNNNNG moment for me when I saw it but it was just an unrealistic option for me as cool as it is cos of the size of the mofo

14. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Yeah i have a live board and a studio board. The Moogs stay on the studio board.

15. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Played with the cluster flux a little more this weekend as i am enamored with the percussive qualities the LFO settings can bring. The clip in the OP was clean so i wanted to see what it would sound like with fuzz and the same wave creating the percussive attacks. I thought it sounded great like this too!

[soundcloud]