NPD: Mr Black Doublechorus

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by foodforthegods, Mar 18, 2015.

1. foodforthegods

foodforthegods Member

Just bought this from the emporium last week. The pedal is small and the color is great looking. So far, I can say it is the most unique chorus I've tried. I've tried 6 or 7 chorus pedal in a year and all of those were analog. I always ended up with volume boost or drop and most of them were sounding bad with higher gain. The doublechorus does not. It blends so well with gain and the mix knob is a useful tool to find your sweet spot. At first, the pedal sound intense with clean sound. You have to keep it lowif you want normal chorus tone. The higher the mix is, the more delay you get and it gets wild.

I can't say it will secure a spot on my board but it's definatly a chorus to have with high gain amps. I tried the pedal in my bogner goldfinger and it was plugged in the effect loop.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Unique is definitely the right word. It has a really nice sound to it. I ended up selling mine because I didn't use it too much but regardless it is a great

3. dpgreek

dpgreek Supporting Member

I liked mine too. Did awesome with distortion too. I think it does a great job and has a more flanger feel