NPD MXR Phase 90!!!(clip) also: What order should these pedals go?

still.ill

Since I'm po at the moment after splurging on several guitars and pedals, I am actually using my old black Barber DD as my main distorted rhythm tone, and using the Barber Compact DD as a lead/solo boost.

the pedal all the way on the left is a earthquaker dispatch master reverb/delay, --->mxr phase 90----> big muff w tone wicker-----> barber dd--->barber cdd--->korg pitchblack

I am also torn between which DD to use as my main rhythm tone.... the CDD has the more aggressive sound for palm muting power chords, but the DD has the more open sound for clearer distorted chords with more notes.

Rumy73

Does your amp an effects loop? If so, I would put the modulation and delay there. Run the drives up front. If you do not have one, conventional practice is drives first and modulation after. However, this is just a reference point. Sometimes pedals sound good in different configurations. It depends a lot on how you use them along with the guitar and amp.

still.ill

my amp is a Fender Mustang II, so i don't think it has an effects loop.
So by drives first you mean from the guitar? so that means I have my pedals lined up correct right?

meterman

personally with that chain I'd probably run muff > phaser > DD > DD > delay with the tuner in there anywhere. I prefer having phaser up front, after fuzz but before other dirt; I put other modulation after dirt and before delay.

jordane93

i personally like a phaser before dirt. its a little more mild and subtle. Especially since the block 90 has that spikey midrange sweep, I think I would put it pre dirt

still.ill

Holy ****, those last 2 recommendations (phaser before dirt) made it sound so much better....

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/pureaeternus/gibson-les-paul-mxr-phase-90[/SOUNDCLOUD]