NPD: Origin Effects RevivalTrem

Strumlord

Next on my list, demos sound killer.

I had a 62 Concert Amp that had the best trem. Hope this gets in the ballpark.

donfrantz

Yo! You stealin’ all the cool.
Gold Supporting Member
Me too--I love trem--big part of my sound in my band. Always tried to bump my Flint off my board but never could--maybe this one will!

TravisE

Silver Supporting Member
Next on my list, demos sound killer.

I had a 62 Concert Amp that had the best trem. Hope this gets in the ballpark.
Unfortunately, it only does bias trem and not harmonic trem like the Concert. I watched some vids on YouTube of this thing and it does sound great.

helrazr84

OK, I had mine for about a week. I wasn't in a hurry to get one but I saw some in stock and well, we all know that goes..

Anyway: The trem on this thing is simply awesome. I always use tremolo and honestly the only tremolo I really truly love is my old Fulltone Supatrem. I think it still might be my favorite but the Revival wins overall having the killer built in OD.

What I like best in this pedal is the simplicity of the OD section as compared to the Revival drive compact that I also own. The tremolo on this just plain works great. Its easy to set and the nuance of it becoming more or less apparent when you play, depending on how hard you play, is very cool and adds a lot of dimension.

I don't know how they make the overdrive sound and feel so good, and I don't care. There is nothing about this pedal that makes me feel like I'm even going through a pedal before my amp. And I like that.

lucky111

Double Platinum Member
"What I like best in this pedal is the simplicity of the OD section as compared to the Revival drive compact that I also own. The tremolo on this just plain works great. It's easy to set and the nuance of it becoming more or less apparent when you play, depending on how hard you play, is very cool and adds a lot of dimension.

I don't know how they make the overdrive sound and feel so good, and I don't care. There is nothing about this pedal that makes me feel like I'm even going through a pedal before my amp. And I like that.
"

Completely agree on both these points. The trem is (cliche warning) so organic--it responds to the dynamics of your playing. I can see why this amp is so highly coveted.

Additionally, it is the simplicity of the drive that makes this so much fun to play--it doesn't take a lot of tweaking. For those of us who love set it & forget it tools for creating music--this is an absolute miracle & gift.

Cheers!

Blue-moon

Gold Supporting Member
Yup, got my shipped today too. Really excited about this one.
Did you guys have to pay sales tax from Prymaxe? I went through the paypal check out process and it didn't seem to show sales tax. I didn't complete the order, so I don't know if it gets added on after the fact.

Also, what kind of discount were you guys able to squeeze out of Prymaxe?

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Did you guys have to pay sales tax from Prymaxe? I went through the paypal check out process and it didn't seem to show sales tax. I didn't complete the order, so I don't know if it gets added on after the fact.

Also, what kind of discount were you guys able to squeeze out of Prymaxe?
$365. At least at the time no one was charging NC sales tax online. May be different now. Reverb started a couple weeks ago.

lucky111

Double Platinum Member
Can anyone that’s played both compare the revivaldrive compact to the revivaltrem? Thanks
I sold my RD Compact to help fund the Trem. The Compact was awesome & amp-like, etc., but ultimately felt like a pedal. My experience thus far is that the Trem is not just "amp-like", it's an amp, not a pedal. Just like an amp, it has to be played through a cabinet or cab-sim in this case--but it feels, sounds, & responds like an amp; better than any other pedal I've tried that makes those same claims.

The simplified controls seem to enable the user to "sprinkle to taste" the most basic components of instrument amplification (volume, tone, gain), and do so in an incredibly pleasing way.

In contrast, the Compact took quite a bit of constant tweaking to really get it to sit right in my rig. While it sounded good, it didn't blow me away like the Trem does.

Just my perspective.

Cheers!

RYAN1987M

Gold Supporting Member
Ditto.

15% off all pedals and no shipping or tax
Wow, I had no idea that Origin was a brand that could ever be discounted. I just assumed they were like Strymon.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen a Prymaxe coupon code for a long time. But if I can get a RevivalTREM on-sale...it'll be game over for me.

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Silver Supporting Member
Wow, I had no idea that Origin was a brand that could ever be discounted. I just assumed they were like Strymon.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen a Prymaxe coupon code for a long time. But if I can get a RevivalTREM on-sale...it'll be game over for me.
just message them when that little pop up chat comes up, they’ll give 15% off if you ask

Trending Topics