NPD Rockbox Blues Rules!

dezng

2 Independent Vintage overdrive settings (based on Marshall Bluesbreaker circuit) Clean Boost, Overall Boost, TrebleBoost, over 16 different combinations of tone, Hand built, Hand painted, hand selected and tested audiophile grade components mixed with vintage components, glass diodes, True bypass.

Result: Pure fat creamy blues crunch and distortion tones! Not kidding. Backing up the Gain knob even cleans up my tube amp! Amazing.

But there is one problem...

The blue LED is too damn bright!

gmann

I'd love to hear clips of this. The one fm the NAMM show was not good. What does this do that the BP does not do?

sgnl2nz

I have a Boiling Point and Red Dog. The first time I used the BP in a dark practice room, there was a lot of cursing and demands to turn it off because of the LED. With the Red Dog, it was a more gentler "Say, did you get something new?"

I just wedge a medium-thick pick in over the LED in between the knobs. I can still see the LED very clearly shining through the pick- Hell, you can even change the LED color to green with a yellow pick or purple with a red pick.

dezng

I don't have a BP to compare but from a friend that have both, BB's gain is higher than BP. I always use my drive pedals to push my amp on slight breakup.The BB on clean boost sound open, it does not alter my original tone but at the same time makes it fatter and creamy yet with clear note definition. I not very technically versed over the components, diodes and the whole mambo jumbo. To me its very hifi sounding.

Trending Topics