NPD: Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by el nino, Feb 23, 2012.

1. el nino

el nino Member

this pedal is awesome!i love the sounds you can get from this baby,but what i was most surprised is when i found setting that sounds like silicon tonebender :)

i know most guys here don't like jimmy pages tones from those fender tonemasters...but i saw the man live with those things and since then i tryed getting those tones and i got em with this pedal ;)

with 58 les paul Hiwatt set clean and fairly loud,with volume on the guitar on 3-4
    it's pagey time :) played custard pie and voila!

but other settings are also cool,very articulate fuzz with lots of aggression if you want it.

all in all i'm a happy camper ;)
    :rockin

2. dmczern

dmczern Member

Congrats! I have an older model, DSM graphics and all but kinda wish I had those 2 trim pots on top!!

3. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

Did you get the mini or regular? I have the mini on order and own the regular currently. I use the LMD for Zep and Floyd tunes right now, its work tremendously well.

4. thewordking

thewordking Member

Hey El Nino, what's your Page setting? Do tell. I just got my LM and I'd love to find some good Zep and Hendrix settings.

5. rochell59

rochell59 Supporting Member

6. teleclem

teleclem Member

Congrats! Great pedal.

7. el nino

el nino Member

well i have standard (larger box) deluxe version,and the settings for page tone (with les paul of course):

Volume: 4 o clock
    Fuzz: max
    Body: 11.30 or 12.00 o clock
    Rate: 1 or 1.30 o clock
    Range: almost max

play around with it and listen to your ears,cause i'm sure everybody here has different setups

amp was Hiwatt set clean,channels jumperd (i put my guitar cable in normal channel) i think it was set up pretty bright bass on 10 o clock,treble 10 o clock,middle 10 o clock,volume and master about 12 o clock (so it was pretty loud,cause that pedal sounds awesome loud).but the main thing is run lunar alone,without other pedals,so just guitar,fuzz and amp set clean.

guitar Gibson Les Paul 58 Reissue stock burstbuckers,in bridge position:
    Volume knob: 2,5 - 3 - 4,5 it's all good... ;)
    Tone knob: 8,5

of course on the guitar you can have volume on 2,5 for custard pie tone like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRXACrjcdwI&feature=related

or push it on 4,5 for more meat,little less honk for let's say wanton song riff :)

and to my ears this is the closest i got to his tones (like those in the clip posted above)
    also i would like to know did you guys manage to get those sounds with this settings on your setup?