NPD: Skreddy Rover

InAbsentia

I've been feeling the need for more fuzz in my life lately. Current fuzz pedals include a lunar module, pig mine, and Vick audio 73 Rams head. Wanted something with a tonebender flavor. So being that I already love skreddy, I figured might as well give the rover a shot.

It got here this morning and after finally getting out of the office I got it on the board to try it out and color me impressed. I can't get it too loud, but my initial impression is pure love. I can see it definitely shares some common ground with the lunar module, they can definitely get some similar sounds. But, they clean up a fair bit differently. You can definitely pull off some early Zeppelin with the volume rolled back. It also can get a bit more sputtery and wild than the lunar module. With the attack and wool controls up, it can unleash mayhem in the best way. I'm still figuring out how I want to use it, but bravo Marc. Another fantastic pedal!

jwfran04

Silver Supporting Member
Bump for the Rover. Just got mine yesterday and love it! Killer pedal, Marc is the best. Go buy one of his precision series pedals if you've been thinking about it. I doubt you'll regret it. Great price, Skreddy quality and Skreddy tones.

McQ7

I've been interested in the Rover lately and would love to know more about any points of overlap with the Lunar Module Deluxe. I love that pedal. I've been "this" close to buying the Rover several times...

InAbsentia

I've been interested in the Rover lately and would love to know more about any points of overlap with the Lunar Module Deluxe. I love that pedal. I've been "this" close to buying the Rover several times...
You can get close with the wool knob rolled off to some lunar module esq sounds, but I run mine with the attack around 11 o clock, vol slightly above unity, and wool at about noon and it definitely has a mk II tonebender sound and feel.

The rover is definitely "hairier" and can get more crazy. It's definitely more than different enough for me!

McQ7

I'm definitely getting one. Just have to find one.
I should have just jumped the Animals graphic version here but I didn't decide quickly enough. I love that wooly bear with his brew.

jwfran04

Silver Supporting Member
I'm definitely getting one. Just have to find one.
I should have just jumped the Animals graphic version here but I didn't decide quickly enough. I love that wooly bear with his brew.
Very cool looking pedal, but just an FYI I'm pretty sure that one is not made by Skreddy, just designed by him and there may be some component differences, Marc mentioned it somewhere around here. Maybe it wouldn't make a difference but maybe it would.

McQ7

I recall a Facebook post by him staying that on the Rover the Volume pot is the only component difference--that the import version would achieve unity earlier in the sweep.

Skreddy

I recall a Facebook post by him staying that on the Rover the Volume pot is the only component difference--that the import version would achieve unity earlier in the sweep.
...or later. <shrug> I don't even remember any more! Ha! I have a link to the Japanese/Animals Pedal versions on my site if you want to buy an Asian model, FYI. You probably need to know how to speak Japanese, though? Their website has a cool demo vid too. I don't get any money from the sales of the Animals Pedal versions, but they did pay me up front when I designed them, so I don't mind sharing the love, not one bit.

Trending Topics