NPD, sort of. DGN content

samdjr74

Silver Supporting Member
Hi All,

The other week I got a set (3) of DGN P90's to drop into my Firebird studio and replace the anemic stock units. I really haven't had the chance to install them until the other day and gave them a good workout today.

I had Dan wind them a little hot, I like my P90's to have some bite and growl. Well they have plenty of that but remain articulate and musical. Honestly these are some of the best sounding pickups I've ever tried. Even with the extra winds they don't squeal like a stuck pig. Something very cool is the neck pick up. It sounds amazing, not better then the other two but I'm finding myself play more with the neck then anything else, very cool. It has a warm, deep tone, almost like a semi hollow pushing a small Fender amp.

Anyway, I'm going back to playing, just wanted to share my new pick up day with you all. Dan made me some outstanding pickups.

Thanks,
Sam

samdjr74

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, took that right out. It worked fine but I think it hurt the tone of the guitar. So the push pulls were removed and 4 regular pots were dropped in.

Cool! Did you disable the taps on the three pickups?

Trending Topics