NPD: Stomp Under Foot - Green Russian

HiddenAgenda

San Francisco
Silver Supporting Member
I've been wanting to start trying more Fuzz pedals recently and the SUF Green Russian has been on my list so when I got a 17% discount from CME went to check it out and.. it worked! Totally cool. $153 total. A lot of times I'll get a discount code that does not work for anything that I really want.

Honestly don't really need to pinch pennies but it's just sort of thrill of the hunt ya know. I just sold a BKP pickup for $150 that was not being used so it all balances out nicely.

HiddenAgenda

San Francisco
Silver Supporting Member
Hey - Thanks. I'm probably going to get a few of the Wren and Cuff offerings as well and get a little collection going. Here's what I have so Far which is really pretty modest.

EHX NYC Big Muff
Devi Ever Hyperion
Devi Ever Soda Meiser
(m)C-Loven Hoof
SUF Green Russian

How would you classify the DOD Boneshaker btw?

oaeoeao

The SUF Green Russian is a Bubble Font, the Wren and Cuff a Tall Font.

I think the Gear Page community has been waiting for a good comparison between the SUF Green Russian and the W&C Tall Font

If you get the W&C Tall Font, please revisit this post with a review.

Enjoy your Muffs. Loud and proud.

HiddenAgenda

San Francisco
Silver Supporting Member
Yea - That actually crossed my mind but I sort of have the Tri Pie next on my list.
If a Tall Font comes along for a decent price I'll try to grab it.

oaeoeao

I have the W&C Caprid and Violet World -- both great but I am looking for a good Russian-style Muff to round it all out... The Caprid is my fave, but it's too big for my pedalboard. Guess I need a new Ram's Head too!

HiddenAgenda

San Francisco
Silver Supporting Member
I think Vic Audio's 73 Ram's head is a solid choice and shouldn't be over looked.
You can get those for $100 bucks and that seems like a pretty sweet deal.

tbrook

I think the Gear Page community has been waiting for a good comparison between the SUF Green Russian and the W&C Tall Font

I have the W&C Tall Font Russian and am really loving it, also curious how they compare if anyone knows

slave

Yeah the W&C Tallfont is my face muff for about the last 3 years (and I've been thru a lot of muffs)
The Tym's Civil War is pretty bloody good too

ummohyeah

Wren and Cuff rule the fuzz world.

If you find a White Elk, snag it. Greatest pedal I've ever come across.

oaeoeao

Yeah the W&C Tallfont is my face muff for about the last 3 years (and I've been thru a lot of muffs)
The Tym's Civil War is pretty bloody good too

Ok, so I picked up a W&C Tall Font Russian. Much less gain than the Violet World.

I'm late to the green fuzz party, but I would still consider the SUF Russians. I am loving green muff tone.

Where did you hear the suf green was based on the bubble font? This is the first time I've heard that. I've always been under the impression it was also based on the tall font.

oaeoeao

The Green Russian is based on the Bubble Font as the Tall Font Green Russian is the same as the Civil War.

I can't say I understand how the Bubble Font differs from a Tall Font Green Muff. But if I get the SUF I will compare to the W&C. So, I am looking for the Special Edition SUF Green Russian now!

Taste for the fuzz won't quit.

ce24fan

A lot of W & C love as well as SUF love here!! I could own the whole lot if i could afford it! I would be interested in a/bing the TFR with the Green Russian. Only good things could come from that!

mattpas

Gold Supporting Member
I can't say I understand how the Bubble Font differs from a Tall Font Green Muff. But if I get the SUF I will compare to the W&C. So, I am looking for the Special Edition SUF Green Russian now!

Taste for the fuzz won't quit.
Here is a break down of the Russian Muffs in order of release:

Red Army Overdrive has two versions, V1 has a balanced tone and a lot of grit to the fuzz, V2 is the same as the Civil War

Civil War only has one version, smoother fuzz and a lot of low end

Tall Font Green Russian is the same as the Civil War

Bubble Font Green Russian a little more grit to the fuzz than the Civil War and a little less low end

Trending Topics