• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NPD: Stomp Under Foot Pumpkin Pi

jm9239

Silver Supporting Member
You know a pedal is good when it helps you nail the sound in your head. The Pumpkin Pi by SUF is one of those pedals. I wanted an op amp muff for some early Smashing Pumpkins and other sounds, and the Pumpkin Pi absolutely nails it. It's everything that I want out of an op amp clone, from great, spot on sounds to excellent build quality. The paint job is even better than the pictures and Matt has been wonderful to deal with too. Anyways, kudos to SUF for a great product and experience. A++ pedal, would buy from again.

rust_in_peace

Nice! I've been meaning to pick one of those up. I have an original op-amp muff that I love, but it's big, noisy, and has no LED. Need to get the Pi, so I can have that sound on my pedal board.

krz4fx

When too many really is TOO many...
Gold Supporting Member
The Pumpkin Pie was the first pedal I bought from Matt; I wanted the same muff sounds I had with the original (which I had in '79!!!). Now I have 16 SUF pedals and like every one of them!!! :beer

Last

Just got the last of his Dirty Rooster pedals.

It's a take on the Jumbo Tone Bender but tweaked for guitar as well a Bass.

Sounds awesome as do most of his pedals. Not sure how it's going to do in the mix but very impressive with a ton of low end. Played with a P90 based guitar, need to check it out with my Strat.

Apparently he's just discontinued them as per the email I got from him this afternoon.

Rhombus

Cool man! I was about to email SUF about getting one when I found a Skreddy Zero, here on TGP, for that Siamese Dream muff sound...................... I would love to compare the Pumpkin Pi with the Skreddy Zero. That would make an awesome video!!!! Congrats on getting a pedal capable of that amazing muff sound so many of us love!

jm9239

Silver Supporting Member
What amp are you using?
I've been using it with a blues jr equipped with a V30 and will also be giving it a go with a swart 6v6se soon. And sorry, no clips or pics yet. For clips, you can check out the kitrae site and section where he reviews the SUF op amp muff.

One more thing - I'm still loving this pedal even after some time has passed. It really nails the pumpkins sound and has been a gateway to more SUF muffs. When I get a chance I'll make a NPD on the '73 Rams Head (brick muff).

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom