NPD! Strymon Timeline

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Enusire, May 7, 2016.

1. Enusire

Enusire Member

Just wanted to share this good day with you.

Two days ago I traded a DD20 + Morning Glory V3 for a Timeline. It arrived today. :)

It is 2-3 years old but the condition is stunning!

[​IMG]

Now I have swapped the Timeline with the DD500 on my main board. When I have finally decided which delay I will leave on my board I will wire everything up neatly, underneath it´s a little bit messy at the moment.

[​IMG]

I´m searching at the moment for a MIDI to USB converter so that I can update the Timeline with the newest software.

Any other tipps & tricks for the Timeline? :munch

TheRealDeal, thesooze and leziv like this.
  2. chronoman

chronoman Member

Perhaps ironic, but the DD500 can be used as a USB-to-MIDI interface

Enusire likes this.
  3. Waylander

Waylander Member

Nice choice, congrats. I've added this one to my board:

[​IMG]

I use it to switch through the banks.

4. Enusire

Enusire Member

thanks man. I already have a Disaster Area DMC-7D. I only have to hook it up with the Timeline.

5. ccoker

ccoker Supporting Member

I just bought one and a DD500 on the see day with the plan to return the one I didn't like.

It was pretty instant that I preferred the Timeline. I really like the Drucker and tape delays.

Running in the fx loop of my new Carol Ann Tucana 3r. Sounds fabulous.

Enusire likes this.
  6. Enusire

Enusire Member

nice dude! :)

what do you mean with "Drucker"?

7. Able Grip

Able Grip Member

Space Lord Mother Drucker.

Mark.B, Jason Calieri and earwax like this.
  8. tbader

tbader Member

I was guessing it was autocorrected from "Ducking."

Mark.B, ThinPaperWings and Enusire like this.
  9. ccoker

ccoker Supporting Member

DBucket
    Analog delay

10. Enusire

Enusire Member

thanks. I asked due to the fact that I´m from Germany. Nowadays I understand nearly anything but sometimes there is a word I don´t get and have to look up.

11. Rikster

Rikster Member

Congratulations on the Timeline! It's mint ! Looks like it's brand new. I have the Möbius, Timeline, and Big sky at the end of my pedalboard. Absolutely stunning effects. Looking into a MIDI controller as well. We play a lot of '80's Rock/metal but we do "dial it back a bit" with other songs from the '70's, '80's, '90's that require a much cleaner sound and this is where these pedals shine. The presets, alone, on the Timeline will inspire your playing. Again, congratulations and enjoy !

Cheers,

Rich:cool:

Enusire likes this.
  12. Enusire

Enusire Member

Thank you for your kind words, very nice to read! :)

13. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Member

I've had my Timeline since not long after they first came out, and still find it inspirational.

Some tips & tricks I've picked up:-
    Although the dTape & dBucket algos are great, if you just stick to them you will miss out on what makes the Timeline so special IMO
    + LoFi is a REALLY cool engine and can do more than just bit-crushed delays - it's got the shortest delay available in 2ms so can do some cool doubling effects.
    + Filter and Trem delay can add some really cool stuff to chords that ring out, experimenting with these guys can take you all sorts of places
    + Read the manual, as there is some useful information on what the different engines can do - e.g. it lets you know what the Filter knob does differently on a few engines
    + Use the HiPass setting and Boost if you aren't getting clean enough delays on the Digital engine
    + Pattern engine can get you some cool reverbs with a bit of experimentation
    + Whilst the looper can't store, it is actually quite a good looper for live improv (i find it easier to loop with the Timeline than my Jamman XT Solo for example)
    + If you are not running stereo remember that the right in/out can act as a fx loop - slap another delay, flanger,phaser in their or even a wah/whammy for some crazy fun...
    + Hold preset button for infinite repeats, easy one to forget...

14. Enusire

Enusire Member

wow, thank you so much for taking the time to elaborate this!!

I will definitely consider the things you´ve pointed out. Cheers mate. :beer

15. adolan

adolan Member

Congrats! There's a lot to be had in the Timeline, i have had mine for a few months now and am just starting to scratch the surface! just the other night we were jamming and i had the Soft Saw setting on and with my new Xotic Wah i was getting some really trippy auto/wah filtered repeats following the wah, sounded awesome... :)

Enusire likes this.
  16. bukowski

bukowski Member

Curious has anybody used the line 6 green delay and this ? comparisons ?thinking of upgrading to this but I know how to use the DL4 really well, and learning a new pedal like this seems laborious ...but if it's delay's are way better ....hmmm

17. BintyTwanger77

BintyTwanger77 Member

Hello to the OP,

How does the H9/Timeline/Big Sky combo work for you? I have a Timeline and H9 already and bought a Flint but I think I should've maybe gone with a 2nd H9 or a Big Sky instead.

18. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

I've owned a lot of delays over the years, and the Timeline is still my desert island delay.

broken_sound and Enusire like this.
  19. ccoker

ccoker Supporting Member

Having the TL under MIDI control really maximizes it's potential.

I am just getting my core basic sounds setup with a new amp and will be working on more sounds with it.

ThinPaperWings and Enusire like this.
  20. Del Rei

Del Rei Member

Hi, there!!

So, I got my TL these days! :)

And I didn't get the point of this FX Loop.
    I tried a Mr. Black Eterna running in TL Loop, but didn't notice any difference from it running in the regular way.

What is the point of this FX Loop?