1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

NPD: *Take a peek*

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Godspeed64, May 19, 2011.

1. Godspeed64

Godspeed64 Member

Edit: Bumping an old post to ask whether there are any mods available.

Decided to have a wee bit of fun for my thousanth post!

Unboxing!
    [​IMG]

Decided to use cable ties. My most expensive (pedal) acquisition yet.
    [​IMG]

And finally with the board.
    [​IMG]

All that's left is a swap from my Ibanez FL-301dx to a Boss PS-3 (need to find one at a good price), Morley PS-II to a Morley Mini Wah/Volume, and MIGHT want to get an RV-5.

I was undecided between the T-Rex and a Whiteface Rat, but ended up wanting the dual-channel functionality of the Mudhoney II.

2011 has been an expensive year for me! Went from boutique to cheaper stuff that works better for me, but a drastic change considering the fact that I have not updated my pedalboard since 2009.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  2. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Congrats! Nice addition.

3. wck

wck Member

Cool. Got it from davis? Nice simple and functional board bro. Saw you go thru many rats for that mudhoney haha

4. DraggAmps

DraggAmps Member

Sweet NPD! I always thought that was one of the nicest looking pedals. TREX stuff always looks so clean.

5. Godspeed64

Godspeed64 Member

Yeah I went through 5 authentic Rats, a BYOC clone and the older Mudhoney before settling on this!

And Draggs with your Pharoah videos you're giving me a reason for a NPD thread in the making!

6. DraggAmps

DraggAmps Member

Haha, yep, looks like you could use a muff-type on your board!

7. Godspeed64

Godspeed64 Member

I had a muff but the fuzz factory stayed instead.. It had that wonderful sag and clarity the muff lacked, but the muff has a more friendly EQ..

I'm intrigued with the Pharoah though! It seems like it can do exactly what I need with the zVex but without that uncontrollable factor at times..

8. Godspeed64

Godspeed64 Member

Bumping a very very old post. 4 years down and I'm still playing this pedal; live, during jamming, practicing at home, and even on record.

I'm wondering if there are any mods out there for the Mudhoney II? Or is it unmoddable based on the board?
    Be interested to see if there's a way to add variable presence, variable lower mids (eg. Like most rats, the lower mids bump together with gain; would this be controllable like the 4k Dyna Red Distortion?).