NPD: Walrus Audio Voyager

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by telepunk, Apr 17, 2012.

1. telepunk

telepunk Member

They stack somewhat similar but the Mayflower complements the Voyager better.

If I had to pick two it would be the two Walrus pedals.

2. soybean

soybean Supporting Member

I'm very interested in the Voyager. Can anyone here compare it to the Mad Professor Sweet Honey and the Z-vex Super Hard-On?

Also, did they ever fix the power input?

Thanks!

3. Delayed Delay

Delayed Delay Member

These are pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Sounds almost identical to the Madbean Klone I had, and absolutely NOTHING like my Timmy. 2:30 on the tone knob is indeed pretty much unity tone - anything lower than that and it becomes too dark and ANYTHING but transparent. Even at 2:30, it's not what I would call transparent. It definitely colors my tone, but not necessarily in a bad way. It's definiteyl a very smooth OD, but I like to keep the gain knob around 9 o'clock, so it still keeps things nice and tight. I'm considering trading/selling it right now in favor of a Honeybee, because I don't really need all the smoothness that it offers, and really want something to just add something to sweeten things up, keep things tight, and add some grit.

The Voyager is pretty stinking awesome though. :aok

4. danonbass

danonbass Member

^ From what I understand, it's not a clone per say, but it's something that uses similar parts to achieve a similar result as the Klon. It's different than a clone because it's not trying to exactly copy the original. It's more likened to some companies boutique take on an 808 circuit, in my mind.

5. btdvox

btdvox Supporting Member

hashing an old thread here but just got one of these about 2 weeks ago and the pedal stacks amazingly well! I've stacked it with a Zendrive and a Mayflower and it was fantastic. Definitely recommend one.

6. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Read something about it being noisy when combined with the Timeline, due to the Voyagers internal voltage charge pump. Anybody noticed it?

7. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

i havent noticed it?

8. btdvox

btdvox Supporting Member

Wouldn't that only matter if your daisy chaining it. I use a pedal power digital. Separate subsections

9. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Post #49 in this thread