• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NPD: Way Huge Green Rhino (with a complaint)

jsytsma

Been a while since I've used or owned a tube screamer variant and man does it feel good to be back! I often forget how smooth they sound.

Anyway. Awesome pedal, with one HUGE complaint:

It is NOT pedalboard friendly. Even when I took off the rubber legs, they use OVAL screw heads and it still protrudes. I just sort of stuck the velcro over top and it is sticking well enough.

Anyone have any experience replacing the oval-head screws with flathead screws so that it's flush with the enclosure?

You really think for such a big company (Dunlop) that they'd sort that out...

CowTipton

Gold Supporting Member
I put the 3M velcro right between the roundhead screws and it sticks just fine to my homemade board.
3M velcro tape must be thicker than average or something.

But yea I noticed the screws too. Just replace 'em at your local hardware store. Bring one with you and they'll match up the threads and size.

jsytsma

what type of board are you mounting it on and what is the material of the board?
Pedaltrain Mini.

I put the 3M velcro right between the roundhead screws and it sticks just fine to my homemade board.
3M velcro tape must be thicker than average or something.

But yea I noticed the screws too. Just replace 'em at your local hardware store. Bring one with you and they'll match up the threads and size.
Sounds like a good course of action. Thanks for the idea.

Trending Topics