1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

NPD X 2(Neo Mistress+Badass Distortion)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by monty, May 21, 2011.

1. monty

monty Member

Messed around for a few hours with them. So far I love the Badass with my Strat, but will know if it is a keeper for sure next week when I really get to crank it.
    The Neo Mistress is a very cool little box. I never tried the original and had no idea what the filter matrix was supposed to do and messing around with it you can get a ton of sounds with just the 2 knobs. The led changes colour along with the sweep, and when you are in FM mode the colour shows where in the sweep you are keeping it.

2. JRBain

JRBain Member

Nice!

I was very impressed by the Badass in the demos I've heard, and am intrigued about the Neo Mistress. It could be between that and the MXR Micro Flanger for me; I really would like something to pair with my BF-2, to get the more jetplane-ish sounds...

3. popinvasion

popinvasion Supporting Member

is the neo mistress analog or digital?

4. monty

monty Member

I t was between this and the MXR for me too, I loved the way the MXR sounded but the volume jump made it unusable for me. So far, I dont notice a jump with the NM.

I'm not 100% if it is analog or digital, it doesnt say in the manual but it does say it complies with the limits for a class B digital device in the legal section. EHX and MXR really skimped on the box candy this time around so yeah, I read the legal stuff, lol.