NPD x3 Skreddy Content

InAbsentia

Congrats! I just got a Rover last week, and I love it to pieces. Fantastic sound all throughout the attack knob, and the wool knob definitely brings it into the tonebender realm. If you back it off, it sounds a lot closer to a fuzzface. Medium attack and low wool and I can get it sounding really close to my lunar module. Let me know what you think about the Rover!

BoTheMu

Congrats! I just got a Rover last week, and I love it to pieces. Fantastic sound all throughout the attack knob, and the wool knob definitely brings it into the tonebender realm. If you back it off, it sounds a lot closer to a fuzzface. Medium attack and low wool and I can get it sounding really close to my lunar module. Let me know what you think about the Rover!
How low gain will the rover get?

InAbsentia

How low gain will the rover get?
With attack all the way down, it still can be a bit fuzzy, like a really saturated overdrive, but you can definitely still catch the fuzz overtones. I didn't play it a ton with attack all the way down, I'll have to try it again when I get home and give you a better idea. Most of the low gain sounds are all in the volume knob of the guitar, though!

BoTheMu

With attack all the way down, it still can be a bit fuzzy, like a really saturated overdrive, but you can definitely still catch the fuzz overtones. I didn't play it a ton with attack all the way down, I'll have to try it again when I get home and give you a better idea. Most of the low gain sounds are all in the volume knob of the guitar, though!
That makes sense, thanks

ItJustRocks

Platinum Supporting Member
After a couple hours playing these pedals today I have to say that I am impressed. I was pretty sure I was going to love the HFD - and I do. The Rover and LMS are new territory for me. The Rover just hits that usable zone wherever you set the dials. The LMS is addictive. Marc dialed in the range beautifully and there is practically no noise or volume drop kicking it on.

InAbsentia

After a couple hours playing these pedals today I have to say that I am impressed. I was pretty sure I was going to love the HFD - and I do. The Rover and LMS are new territory for me. The Rover just hits that usable zone wherever you set the dials. The LMS is addictive. Marc dialed in the range beautifully and there is practically no noise or volume drop kicking it on.
I really do love the rover more every time I use it. I find myself gravitating it over the lunar module more and more.

ItJustRocks

I have been playing with these pedals nonstop so far this week and am really enjoying them. The word "usable" comes to mind with these pedals. A lot of range and it all sounds good. I have some pedals that sound amazing with the right guitar and amp and set a very specific way, and Marc's pedals (at least these 3) just gel right away and I adjust the settings to find the flavor I want, as opposed to trying to dial in a good sound.

One of my favorite overdrive pedals is the Cornish G2. While I still love that pedal, the HFD really upstaged it in terms of dynamics, how it cleans up with the volume knob and how it sounds across all pickup positions, especially the in-between positions.

The LMS sounds AMAZING in front of the HFD and G2.

BoTheMu

Any more thoughts on the rover?

Keep it coming. You're really trailblazing for the rest of us.

ItJustRocks

I'm hesitant to talk a lot about the Rover because I don't have an extensive history with fuzz pedals. I couldn't tell you how it compares to a vintage fuzz face, etc. I can say that what I was looking for is a fuzz pedal with a lot of usable range that is simple to dial in (I am actually not interested in a billion switches and options). The Rover has fit that bill for me nicely. It sounds great and the wool knob has been really instrumental in dialing in the texture I want for whatever I'm playing.

BarryW

Silver Supporting Member
HFD is the BEST !!! One of the few that I absolutely have to have a backup for. kudos to Marc -

Trending Topics