NPGD (New Pickguard Day)!

JB_SC

Gold Supporting Member
Lookie everybody, I did a thing!

I bought a sheet of acrylic from Houston Acrylic (here’s a link to the thread about that), and from it, I made the pickguard shown in the photos below.

I used a Dremel with various attachments to cut, shape, and finish the edges. I used a stepped drill bit to drill and countersink the screw holes. Not too bad for my second go...the first guard cracked during finishing.

npgd-01.jpg

npgd-02.jpg

npgd-03.jpg

npgd-04.jpg

fretless

Silver Supporting Member

I bought a sheet of acrylic from Houston Acrylic (here’s a link to the thread about that), and from it, I made the pickguard shown in the photos below.

I used a Dremel with various attachments to cut, shape, and finish the edges. I used a stepped drill bit to drill and countersink the screw holes. Not too bad for my second go...the first guard cracked during finishing.

View attachment 646945

View attachment 646946

View attachment 646947

View attachment 646948
I absolutely LOVE that!!!! Fantastic job.

mrpinter

Gold Supporting Member
Definitely outside the box. I like it. and that is a super nice looking strap too.

Dbl_D

Platinum Supporting Member
Here's one pick guard that my wife, Robin, painted for my Strat. This was on a pre-cut blank. She's done several for my Strat, one for a friend's Strat and a couple for my Tele. The close up shows the texture. Also attached is another one.
IMG_0537.jpg
IMG_0538.jpg
IMG_0248.jpg

Tony Done

I really like the ones shown in the pics, but I use plain single ply black and make them mainly to try different pickup combinations. For anyone interested in giving it a try, I made this fairly inexpensive gadget. It is an ordinary jig saw, inverted in a bench mount and fitted with a table:

15297590958_a255176162.jpg

It can also be used as nibbler, with the work at right angle to the blade, for final shaping.

Sean French

Silver Supporting Member

View attachment 646945

View attachment 646946

View attachment 646947

View attachment 646948

Killer! :dude
Looks great! :aok Just enough of out of the ordinary to tweak/interest one's eye but, not be put off. :beer
I'm drunk at the moment so, I hope these words make sense..... :drink

Dbl_D

Platinum Supporting Member
Dropping a few more. First is the Tele Robin did. Second is the stock Strat. Third is a fully loaded original 2004 Fender HSS. Last is a faux pas on my part (chipped off the end).
Tele.jpg
Strat Stock.jpg
IMG_0605.jpg
IMG_0607.jpg

Top Bottom