• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NRD: 11R Finally!

wahahaka

Finally took the plunge to get an 11R. Have thought of getting the Kemper or the Axe but I think 11R is good enough and I can use the saved money to get a really nice guitar or other gears. Maybe one day I'll upgrade to one of these beasts.

Hope that it would work nicely with my Shure SRH440 headphones as I will be spending most of my time with it creating patches and recording for fun.

randombastage

Silver Supporting Member
ElevenRack is great and maybe the most-value-per-dollar out there.
And one of its many strengths is the headphone out. Something about that always sounded better than any of the others who's name shall not be mentioned. Get one with the expansion pack in it or buy the expansion once you receive it if it doesn't have it already.

The Plexi and the AC30 are fantastic ....damn...now I'm going to have get one again!

Last edited:

wahahaka

Yes, that's absolutely a steal for its current selling price (w/ Exp and no PT, which is a good thing for me)

I have read somewhere on the internet saying the headphone outs were terrible. But some say it's fine...that was probably the only thing holding me off previously.

Deuterium

NRD??

I have picked up some of the lingo used here on The Gear Page. For example, NAD = New Amp Day, NPD = New Pedal Day, NGD = New guitar day. However, what does NRD stand for? Is it New Rack Day?

jhall

The Eleven Rack is a great piece of gear. I have one with the EXP which I paid full price for (about a grand with EXP and tax) and STILL consider it worth it. I'm not a HUGE fan of the headphone out but it is still very good for noodling. I suppose if you have a "pro" set of phones it's great. I believe the Impedance of the phone out is not the same as most consumer level stuff but I may be wrong on that.

X-Mann

Congrats to you bro! I hope the 11R has everything you need in it to sound good & play more. If you bought it to get into the world of digital recording it will change ur guitar playing (aka life) in a big way!!!! The tones are stellar & I use it live (Direct), studio & with an amp (EVH) too. All very different set-ups, but all with great results.

Have a happy new RACK day bro!

Go over to the Elevenrackpresets.com site for a fun filled forum of very helpful 11-R users. You can also PM at any time if you need any tips or help.

Peace! X-Mann

B Money

Have fun demoing all the presets, but when you get bored of that, I recommend that you create a new preset from scratch. It will give you a better idea of well the unit will work for you.
I like to turn off all the effects so that I can really hear the core sound of the amp & cab/mic models. Fiddling with the cab & mic makes a huge difference in the sound, so I usually don't bother tweaking the amp EQ until I've settled on a cab & mic that I like. Also, I always turn off the noise gate. I hate how they dampen the feel. Yeah, you can dick around with it long enough to find a workable compromise but I ain't got time for that mess.

auburn-grad

Dont get frustrated when you hear the pre-loaded patches. Most of them are terrible.

Like some others have stated, find an amp you like, remove all of the effects (and the noise gate for most of them), and get a base tone. From the base tone, build outward (add effects or other stuff as needed).

Squeakys

If you don't have a floorboard to control it, consider picking up a FCB-1010 with a Eureka or Uno upgrade. I have one with the Eureka prom and it makes a good controller for the 11R.

Ironically, I have never upgraded my 11R. I purchased one during the release week, and I have been quite happy with the stock amps and effects.

I do need to upgrade it though. I'll have to check and see if I can do the upgrade with Mac OS 10.6.8 and the last LE version of Pro Tools.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom