1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

NSD- Thomastik-Infeld Flatwounds

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cubistguitar, Oct 10, 2018 at 6:56 PM.

1. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

I recently switched to the Blues Sliders after using Pyramid Nickel Classics for years. TIs are by far the best pure nickel strings I’ve used. Definitely worth the high price tag. Absolutely love these strings!

Axis29 likes this.
  2. Axis29

Axis29 Supporting Member

I’ve never broken a G string. I don’t really remember much difference in tension on the wound G, either.

I have broken a couple of high e strings... but, they were both more than 12 months old. And, I finally broke a low E on this last set. Again, it was 14 months or so old.

I think the quality of the core, the round core construction and the quality, especially the tightness and lack of a gap, of the wrap just makes them perform above so many other strings.

AceBSpankin likes this.
  3. stahlhart

stahlhart Member

Using the .013 Jazz set on a 325c64, and these on the 360/12c63. Perfect.

3waytie4last likes this.
  4. 3waytie4last

3waytie4last Gold Supporting Member

I forgot, I’ve got some of those as well but I haven’t put them on yet because I dread the process of restringing a 12. :(

stahlhart likes this.
  5. stahlhart

stahlhart Member

Me, too -- those strings are at least a year and a half old now. But they still sound great; admittedly I have not been playing it very much lately.

Only thing I noticed was that for some of the wound strings on the 360/12 you have to wrap on the keys with the red cloth end, but it hasn't seemed to cause any issues thus far.

3waytie4last likes this.
  6. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

They seem to be less stiff than a typical D'Addario set of similar gauge. What I like most is that the wound bass strings are more muted and smoother than a standard set. I don't like it when the low strings overpower the highs- contrary to what most people seem to into with the light top heavy bottom sets.

jcs likes this.
  7. downburst82

downburst82 Member

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Does anybody know the best (cheapest) way to get these is Canada? (I'm interested in the JS111)

I really want to try them but they are $45 Canadian after taxes on amazon o_O:eek:

8. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

Find a Canadian retailer that stocks 'em? :confused:o_O Should be a bit cheaper than $45C.

9. downburst82

downburst82 Member

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Weird I checked the Long and Mcquade site the other day and couldn't find them but found them right away when I just checked again, they are even in stock at my local store for $27.50!!

So...nevermind about my previous request, I will be trying these soon!

cubistguitar likes this.
  10. cubistguitar

cubistguitar Member

Another small plus I have noted with the TI strings, I have noticed very little drift in tuning from day to day. I typically had to begin each jam with tuning, now it is very slight or unneeded.

Axis29 likes this.
  11. 3waytie4last

3waytie4last Gold Supporting Member

I posted this in a different thread, but my Strat Ultra has hung on the wall for about two years between playing it. It has Sperzel locking tuners and TI JS112s on it. I pulled it down yesterday and it was still in tune. I couldn't believe it.

cubistguitar likes this.
  12. Hack Prophet

Hack Prophet vile mighty wretched Silver Supporting Member

I always use them on my LP special with P90s. I love them. Great for slide too

cubistguitar likes this.