NTMTD - New to Me Thorn Day

niersbach

I forgot how killer firesuns and purfing look on a fretboard since its been years since I owned one with them. Guitar is a Monster though...sounds heavy! But that could be me since I have been playing the maple necked S/S all the time lately which is a tad bright...so its just emphasizing the different tone even more...anyhow...here is Thorn Artisan 153...the "Walnut Wonder" Currently it has PRS 57/08's in it and a Tremel-no....first time for both of these for me.

Sorry about pics if you are getting huge ones...dunno why photobucket does this when I resize them....

Last edited:

niersbach

WOW! where'd you score that beauty?
Completely off the grid...LOL...insider trading!! It belonged to a friend, who sold it to another friend, and then I stepped up and grabbed it....it was never actually advertised for sale anywhere so you didnt miss something...

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
I wanna know how you talked him out of it.

Name withheld.....but i know damn well who had it last.

What did you trade. :D

niersbach

I wanna know how you talked him out of it.

Name withheld.....but i know damn well who had it last.

What did you trade. :D
It was COB (cash on the Barrelhead) I sold my 87 PRS and the same day the 2nd owner called me and I ended up talking him out of it....(it was like he knew I just sold something and had cabbage burning a hole in my pocket...LOL..he has that 6th sense)

Yeah Wayne...at one point it was Matt's...but it changed hands a while back when he was in the hospital....

Dana Olsen

Well now, THAT sure looks like you'll be able to suffer through a ton of gigs with it!

What a beauty, Congrats, Dana O.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
That is stunning! Congratulations!

big mike

Cathode biased
It was COB (cash on the Barrelhead) I sold my 87 PRS and the same day the 2nd owner called me and I ended up talking him out of it....(it was like he knew I just sold something and had cabbage burning a hole in my pocket...LOL..he has that 6th sense)

Yeah Wayne...at one point it was Matt's...but it changed hands a while back when he was in the hospital....

Awesome Bill. Glad it stayed in the family.

Trending Topics