• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Nuther,Nuther,Nuther, Pawnshop Score !!!

Texsunburst59

This was one of those can't pass up deals. I found a Hohner B2B bass for $48 out the door. These normally go for about $550 + tax new. It's in good shape and not mint, but for what I payed I couldn't pass it up. Man when I saw it from far my heart sank cause I thought it was a REAL Steinberger bass. OH WELL I'll settle for this. I haven't had a chance to take a pic,but here's what it looks like.:)

Texsunburst59

Nice.
What's the neck made out of?
Thanks here's the details on the bass.

Features:
* Solid U.S. maple body and bolt-on neck
* Rosewood fingerboard
* Two-way adjustable truss rod
* 24 frets
* Steinberger® licensed bridge
* PJ pickup configuration
* Two volume controls and one tone control
* STRING SPACING: 1 5/32" @ nut, 1 5/8" @ 12th fret, 2 3/32" @ bridge

Great deal! Really portable bass...I remember a friend of mine taking his on the plane, and the floroscope guys held him up for a while. It DID kinda look like a weapon!

Nice score.

They're pretty unique feeling basses. That nut is kind of like a Firebird- it's way the hell out there. The small body didn't bother me, the neck shape and the "out there" nut did.

How does your pawn shop stay in business?

Texsunburst59

Nice score.

They're pretty unique feeling basses. That nut is kind of like a Firebird- it's way the hell out there. The small body didn't bother me, the neck shape and the "out there" nut did.

How does your pawn shop stay in business?
Thanks. There are about 4 main pawnshops that I've scored my killer deals. All their prices are based only on what it was pawned for and not the current worth of the instrument. They are also lazy and don't want to look it up on the internet so therefore they GIVE it away.

Here's stuff I've scored at these same shops over the last 5 years.

Hughes & Kettner Triamp MK II $250 ($1800 value)
Parker USA Nitefly $170 ($750 value)
'74 Fender Jazz Bass $65 ($1500-2000 value)
'79 Fender P-Bass $180 ($ 800-1000 value)
'88 Peavey Dyna Unity LTD Honey Sunburst $149 in case "MINT" ($600-700
value)
'02 Alvarez Yairi DY-40 $250 ($650-750 value)
'77 Westbury Performer SG style guitar $40 ($ 250-350 value)
'00 Takamine CD-132SC Classical guitar $250 ($ 650 value)
Roland Cube 100 Bass rig $99 ($475 value)
Sennheiser 441 Dynamic mic $35 ($800-900 value)
Beyerdynamic M 201 TG Dynamic Directional $29 ($300 value)
Boss DM-3 $25 ( $150? value)
Digitech Vocalist Live 4 (new in box) $250 ($540 value)
Hohner B2B Bass $48 ($350 value)
Audix Fusion 7 Drum mic package (7 mics) $100 ($450 value)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live Processor $115 new in box ($475 value)
'08 Boulder Creek Solitaire ECR1-B acousti/electric $239 ($850 value)

Last edited:

Texsunburst59

Yea. Small time Pawn shop just wanted to double on the VERY little they loaned on it. Not like the big pawn shops that want to charge full price for stuff.

blong

Silver Supporting Member
Skip,

You gotta tell me which pawn shops you hit. I went to about 8 of them recently and there was nothing priced even remotely fairly considering condition.

I know, you may not wanna divulge, but if you do, I'll keep it between me and you. Call me.

Bob

Wobegon

Yeah every pawn shop I've been to recently has a computer with ebay and checks all music gear to make sure they're getting top dollar. Ebay gives me better results once I filter through the million people trying to sell new stuff. Where are these pawn shops you're going to?

I owned the B2AB version (with active EMG humbuckers) for a few years. Was a very nice bass for the money (even better at $48 LOL). It travelled with me on a lot of business trips for hotel room practice.

Trending Topics