NUX MG-30 "Versatile Modeler"

Meesha

It's already on firmwares update thread, but for those missed it... V3 finally!
for windows users like me:

Firmware V 3.17 (windows updater):
https://cdn.nuxefx.com//enclosure/sources/uOqNGckyPmeCgRtz/Firmware_NUX_MG-30_EN_V3.1.7_Windows.zip

QuickTone Windows:

New Asio driver v3.29.0 (didn't worked for me):

More compatible Asio driver v4.82.1 (worked for me, previous version really, that i stupidly uninstalled first):

Mac users - go https://www.nuxefx.com/support.html and get your stuff )

P.S.: easy on 5150 gain!

MJ Slaughter

Silver Supporting Member
Is it possible to disable the cab block while using the amp block and is the FX loop moveable? I'm looking for something smaller than my GT-1000 for acoustic gigs and though I ordered the Boss AD-10 for my acoustic board, it's been on backorder for a while. Each month I check the status I'm told it's pushed another month. I use the Anthem pickup system and don't like using acoustic IRs with the mic.

Bob Zod

Silver Supporting Member
So far mostly good. Clicking on Custom MIDI option, crashes editor for me.

Bach1970

Gold Supporting Member
I guess, they have not reprogrammed the two switches that currently go preset up and down that they can be used as a Stomp switches?

Bob Zod

Silver Supporting Member
I guess, they have not reprogrammed the two switches that currently go preset up and down that they can be used as a Stomp switches?

Nope and I am confused on the Tip and Ring options for the external switch. I need to read the release notes again.

Bob Zod

Silver Supporting Member
Not crazy about the new Vivo (5150) amp. No matter what IR I put with it the thing sounds like there's no cab sim to me.

aptfx

Not crazy about the new Vivo (5150) amp. No matter what IR I put with it the thing sounds like there's no cab sim to me.
Make sure that you really loaded it. I think (not sure) that if you use the collection and select an IR in the list it doesnt fill the user slot with that. You have to click the check icon. I first had it too that it did sound like with no cab. Maybe some bug there with IR loading still

aptfx

Nope and I am confused on the Tip and Ring options for the external switch. I need to read the release notes again.
Tip and Ring options here just means that you now can put SCENE and RVB HF on the external NMP-2 foot switches.

The Smart Tap means, that if you put a DLY on a switch, you can use the same switch to dial in TAP tempo - so you don't need two switches for DLY and TAP.

Bob Zod

Silver Supporting Member
Tip and Ring options here just means that you now can put SCENE and RVB HF on the external NMP-2 foot switches.

The Smart Tap means, that if you put a DLY on a switch, you can use the same switch to dial in TAP tempo - so you don't need two switches for DLY and TAP.

Ok cool. thanks

trazan

Finally! Movable volume pedal :cool: The zipper behaviour of the volume pedal also seems to be gone. Sounds smooth now.

fffppptmeh

Now you can throw 24 irs to onboard collection and use it... Pretty simple
That is awesome. One thing i disliked about my mg300 is that you could not just dump IRs on it and had to assign them to presets. It was a primary reason I got rid of it.

trazan

Is it not possible to export a full backup any more...? Or am I looking in the wrong place?
Used to be "Ghost" in the settings of QuickTone. Gone in the new QuickTone...

the swede

I keep saying there's better tones to be had for the money than the MX5, but all you get is excuses from HR fans lol. I compared it directly with the Ampero II and the MX5 went back, no contest. I have no experience with the MG30, but it seems very capable from what I'm hearing, especially considering the low price tag. Honestly, if it had a stereo FX loop, I would have probably settled for the MG30 and saved some money.
And you always keep forgetting what other people say when they reply to you.
Everyone has their preferences to what they buy and you dismiss those as excuses :dunno
There are huge differences between a mg30 and mx5 regarding basically everything else that doesn’t have anything with tones to do. Those differences make or break the end result depending on what you want to do with the unit. But those differences is what make each of them good for what they intend to do.
Because both (all three if you throw in Ampero) sound great as amp modeling units.
You also seem to forget that in these price brackets there will always be compromises in the product. There is no “best” modeler for everyone in these price range. What’s your excuse?

Back to topic. I demoed the mg with two customers in the guitar store yesterday (no.. I don’t work there.. i just hang out there) and we all were impressed by the sounds we got out of it. It’s a good little unit for sure.
I really hope Nux build upon this, I’d personally would like more switches and practical features. Sounds are nailed already.

aptfx

There seems to be at least a bug with reloading the IRs If you switch the unit on, the last patch will be selected. If this has a custom IR it doesn't get loaded. If you select another patch and then back to the first the IR is correctly loaded.

aptfx

Everyone has their preferences to what they buy and you dismiss those as excuses :dunno
There are huge differences between a mg30 and mx5 regarding basically everything else that doesn’t have anything with tones to do. Those differences make or break the end result depending on what you want to do with the unit. But those differences is what make each of them good for what they intend to do.
Because both (all three if you throw in Ampero) sound great as amp modeling units.
You also seem to forget that in these price brackets there will always be compromises in the product. There is no “best” modeler for everyone in these price range. What’s your excuse?

I agree with this 100%. Actually to me the differences in tone of the different current devices is on a level where personal preference plays the biggest role. I also never understood how a complete device could sound better than the other on the level they are. I'm not a big fan of the Soldano on the MG-30 but like it on other units for example. Its always a mix about the general modeling algorithms, the models of the amps (how good and how complete are they modeled) and the fine tuning of how they sound and behave. In all those places things can go good or bad.

Back to topic. I demoed the mg with two customers in the guitar store yesterday (no.. I don’t work there.. i just hang out there) and we all were impressed by the sounds we got out of it. It’s a good little unit for sure.
I really hope Nux build upon this, I’d personally would like more switches and practical features. Sounds are nailed already.
I hope so too. I heard there are multiple different products in work. One new product is already there: NUX Amp Academy. They did talk about units with more foot switches and also about models which are more like HX Stomp or Ampero II stomp. In regard to modeling they now have developed their next step ("TS/AC 4K"). This exteneds their modeling algorithm with modeling of the output transformer. The VIVO model in MG-30 V3 already uses this. The new hardware models will be built to handle this algorithm from the beginning.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom