NVPD!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cgkindler, May 13, 2015.

1. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

I've needed a volume pedal for a LONG TIME. today's my brith day and I ahd a little left on the ole GC card so I brought home a new Dunlop Volume X!

I'm really digging it, and I ended up completely revamping my board. Such fun we gear needs have with these metal boxes!

[​IMG]

I've never played with an expression pedal and any of my Strymons or anything else I might have that utilizes an expression. Picked up a TRS cable as well to mess around sometime.

Overall? Pretty happy! I had a VPjr once upon a time, but after seeing this pedal on the boards of the guitar players of Matthew West, I figured, "Ya know what, if it works for them it sure as heck is gonna work for me!"

The size is nice and the sweep seems just right. There's apparently some adjustability with trim pots on the inside, but for now - I'm just enjoying my new found flexibility and ability to do proper swells!

2. Lpmusicservices

Lpmusicservices Member

Hey it's my birthday too! Enjoy it!!!

3. Ilduce

Ilduce And now for something completely different! Supporting Member

Happy birthday! Congrats! I'm really interested in hearing how it works out as a expression pedal.

4. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

Thanks all!

I'll be trying it out tonight most likely with the expression part.

I set the board up so when I need it for expression I just plug the EP straight into the Archer, and run the TRS plug out of the expression to the Strymons.

5. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Happy birthday! Th only VP I've had is a VP Jr. If it breaks I'll probably try the X.

6. afterosmosis

afterosmosis Member

I had an X for a couple of weeks, but the screw/mechanism you use to adjust tension on the treadle gave out. The treadle became super loose and wouldn't stay "heel down". If I ever put a volume pedal on the board again I'll probably use the old faithful VP Jr.

7. jacksonmillr

jacksonmillr Member