1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

NY producer interested in shopping instrumental stuff... thoughts on pick?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by t0neg0d, Sep 8, 2005.

1. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

I was introduced to producer from NYC that does work for quite a few major lables. He is interested in presenting the stuff I do to said labels and asked me to pick a single song I thought best represented my solo work. Well... I ended up picking this one. (gulp) Whatcha think?

Slow thingie

Please lemme know if you think I am way off base with this pick.

2. Weldaar

Weldaar Member

You're Hired! :dude

Nice touch, You have the bluesy feel, the shred feel, and the timing feel. All bases covered. Good luck.:AOK

3. headstack

headstack Member

Good stuff!
    I think that covers several bases on the playing ability and shows soul as well as shredability!
    Good luck and let me know where to get a CD:)

4. tommyfobia

tommyfobia Member

I think thats great! I love it.

Usually you should take at least three songs to a label, so they have a greater idea of what you can do.

Label bosses never really listen to an entire song until they are seriously interested in you. They much prefer to listen to 30 seconds of a few tracks, then they decide whether you music is worth the full listen.

Sending just the one song could give the impression that you only have the one good track, which is never a good impression to give, especially when you have so many great tracks!

Even if they only listen to the first track, at least they have the option to explore your music further if they so wish.

Again Mr. tonegod, great track!

5. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Chris,
    if it was up to me you'd definitely be signed in sec,man!I loved your playing-I could ghear all the different influences,but you also had a touch of your own!Great stuff,

Vlad

6. matte

matte Senior Member

Any updates?

7. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

Thats a darn good question. I've been kinda tied up with family issues and haven't been able to follow up on this at all as of yet. Thank you for the kind nudge to get my butt in gear. I'll let ya know when I find out.

-- EDIT --
    to be more specific when I say I haven't followed up... I mean I haven't had a chance to even send out the clip yet. :( Deaj was gonna come by and help me get at least a half way decent mix of the song before sending out. My initial try at mixing this song made the snare rim click sound like the sonar ping from a submarine. And with people dropping over like flies in my house (i.e. everyone has been sick... kack) it has been almost impossible to get to it... I have been spending my free time doing constructive things... like watching TV and running people to the emergency room... lol.