nyc pedalboard experience?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gravy, Feb 9, 2008.

1. gravy

gravy Member

i`m looking at the 6 shot to be perfect for my setup size wise. negative things i`ve read about is crappy velco and case picks up dirt. who can talk me into buying one or just doing another home depot special, not that there`s anything wrong with that!:rolleyes:

2. jumpchamp

jumpchamp Member

i like mine, haven't had a problem with the 'carpet' or velcro side or whatever. get some of the 3M superlock stuff (or whatever it's called) and those pedals will hold on no problem.

anything carpeted or covered with some fuzzy stuff is going to pick up some dirt, hard to get away from that. i have the gigman and it's appropriately light and durable, was a big improvement over my personal 'home depot special' :)

3. planetal

planetal Member

I like mine and it's been through quite a few gigs, rehearsals and jams. I've had no issues with the velcro on the case, when I've had issues it's been with the velcro on the pedal. I have vacuumed mine after outdoor gigs, especially if we've played on someone's lawn for a party, but anything you place on the floor and step on all night long is going to get dirty, especially in small bars. Just keep drunken folks holding a drink away from it.

Al

4. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

I've got a big shot and I love it!

The carpet covering does pick up a little dirt now and then but it comes off easy enough.

Great boards, prices and service IMO.

5. hawkeye17

hawkeye17 Member

I've had my Big Shot for a few years now and it's been great. Never had any of the problems you've heard about. :BEER

6. CAC

CAC Member

I've got the six shot and love it. I bit the bullet after my Home Depot special fell apart. BTW, I live down in Kent so if you ever come down this far south you are welcome to stop by and check mine out.

7. Mike52

Mike52 Member

My son just received his the other day. Looks well made. It would have been nice if the foam in the lid was deep enough to reach the pedals on the base and then cut out for the riser. As it is I don't think the pedals on the lower level are supported when closed up. It didn't come with velcro, but is "carpeted" of course. It looks to me that the 3M superlock needs to be mated with itself from the pictures I've seen. Is it a good match for the "carpet"?

8. mistercoffee1

mistercoffee1 Member

After gigging with mine, I find that the screws on the hinges tend to work themselves loose. You can only tighten them so much before they need to be filled with glue and re-drilled.

9. gravy

gravy Member

Any room for cords, strings etc inside?

10. Geetar_Will

Geetar_Will Supporting Member

Love mine.. Converted others after they saw it.

11. jumpchamp

jumpchamp Member

the loop side of the 3M stuff will definitely stick to the carpet, and in fact is VERY difficult to pry off! you definitely don't need to put it over the whole back of the pedal, a few thin strips will do the trick.

12. kenoflife

kenoflife Supporting Member

I liked mine, it got some lint goin', was well made - but my Pumaboard
    is a keeper forever....

13. jhumber

jhumber Member

I've had my NYC Gigman for over 5 years now, and it's survived 100s of gigs in that time. In fact, it's still in brilliant condition, no damage/malfunction at all.

What I love about the NYC boards are that they're a) very durable, b) spacious, so you can store cables in there as well, and c) 'all-in-one'.....ie. it looks like a briefcase, but it's not like a pedaltrain where you remove it from a carry case....the case itself is also the board (if that makes sense!).

Highly recommended from me.

FYI: I hoover mine every now and then to keep it looking good. A clean pedalboard is a happy pedalboard ;-)

14. Eskimo_Joe

Eskimo_Joe Rocker, roller, way out of controller Supporting Member

I have two NYC pedalboards and love them. Very durable and look good too. No issues.

15. gravy

gravy Member

thanks for all replies! feeling now that this will be a step up for my gear. been working on getting the right pedals together on a smaller board for gigs--