• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NYC's Kenny's Castaways is Closing!!

Jon C

Gold Supporting Member
wow ... they've been there, like, forever ... bummer to see longtime venues like that go away.

Victor R

Formerly wstsidela
Platinum Supporting Member
I love that place. Played there a bunch in the late 80s. Started out on Tuesday nights until Garry Tallent, bass player for the E Steet band, came to see us play. After that, it was Friday & Saturday nights.

bobmc

Silver Supporting Member
Smithereens taking them out in style. RIP, been there, drank the punch and had me a time (many times.)

Kyle Ashley

Silver Supporting Member
'93 for me. Saw the Smithereens there a year or so later at their signing party. Really sorry to learn this.

boldaslove1977

Gold Supporting Member
wow. sad. i've never played there... but i've done a ton of gigs at the red lion right next door. that block as about as nyc as it gets.

i remember doing an acoustic duo gig at the red lion... and a guy with a thick european accent came up to me during our break and said he travels the globe for work... and every time he comes to nyc he comes to that block... he said it's his favorite place to see live music in the world.

Lespaulsignature 74

Gold Supporting Member
Played a few gigs at The Back Fence on Bleeker and Thompson back in the 80's but never played at KC. I hate to see these iconic venues close down....

stark

Silver Supporting Member
Saw a relatively unknown guitarist named Gordon Gaines TEAR THE HOUSE DOWN there back in the 90's...
Crap I miss Gordon...He was a good friend. Pat Kenny gave me my first gigs in NYC back around 80'. Played many many gigs and monday nights there.

Mr.Hanky

Wow, I played one of my favorite gigs there a long time ago. Great place, love the smell of stale beer!

51nocaster

Was playing the Cafe Wha (around the corner on MacDougal) in 1967 when Kenny's opened..always wanted
to gig there...was not to be..

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
I like the picture of the guy with a lap steel on their link. I went to KC a few times, and played there less than 5 times. I was always more of a Bitter End kind of guy.

Trending Topics