Nylon strings, FMR mic pre, and a couple o mikes

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by ivers, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ivers

ivers Member

Hey, after getting the 'Really Nice Preamp', and another mike (Sennheiser E906, I had a Rode NT-2 from before), I thought it was about time I started recording more acoustic stuff, so here's a probably quite norwegian, but brazilian-influenced, tune I came up with.

After messing up a few takes (had forgotten the nervewrecking process of doing solo acoustic material!), I concentrated more on the playing than getting the best positioning against the mikes, but this setup sounds to me like a big improvement already..

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6219825&q=hi

Hope ya'll enjoy!

2. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Very, very Cool Ivers ..

Reminds me of Romero Lumbabo's trio ...

Now is there a Norwegian upright acoustic bass player around
    who can play these wonderful grooves with you ...?

This recording has truly got that 'sway' in it that Helcio Melito always talks about ... \(a quality that a lot of us America's often don't include when playing Bossas ...)

Always enjoy your music Ivers ... you're a wonderful player

3. ivers

ivers Member

Thanks, man! Seems the bass players here in Norway are always in demand and have their schedules full, while no-name guitar players are out of luck with finding people to play with.

Yeah, I'm looking at the abysmal number of people who bother checking out those wonderful Yamandu Costa vids posted here, and I'm not surprised that few americans could figure out that ****, y'know... (lack of curiosity, perhaps?)

4. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Crackin tune - great playing ivers - Damn I wish I could do that stuff