Nystrum Guitars - Any User Experience?

I've been eyeing a Cabronita style w/ Bigsby for a while. Anyone have any experience with Nystrum guitars? There are a couple old threads with a little info but not a ton. Thanks!

JamminPA

Silver Supporting Member
I noodled on one last year. Plays very smooth and well built. As for me, I know I'll be getting one later this year. He is local to me so ordering & pick up will be a breeze.

Nystrum’s have consistently great playing necks. The newer 4 bolt guitars seem more stable to me than the 2 bolt/V construction. We have 2 of the La Bella’s. One with a 4 bolt and one with a 2 bolt. Both play and sound great, but the 4 bolt just feels more solid. The Valterra’s are cool too, but a completely different beast.

theanalogdream

Silver Supporting Member
I'm just gonna go ahead and weigh in here... I have played 3, and they were all brutal. Way over priced, not painted properly, and felt like cheaper parts casters.
There's a lot of hype, but I am 0-3 in my experience with them. All my friends who bought them were super disappointed, and the resale was poor.

Golem

Silver Supporting Member
I'm just gonna go ahead and weigh in here... I have played 3, and they were all brutal. Way over priced, not painted properly, and felt like cheaper parts casters.
There's a lot of hype, but I am 0-3 in my experience with them. All my friends who bought them were super disappointed, and the resale was poor.
I'm glad you posted this. I'm looking at a used one that clearly used a Warmoth neck and has some paint issues. I was considering buying it and getting it refinished but I thought surely a body could only relic like that if there was problem with the nitro.

Trending Topics