o.d. pedal Q

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Blues Wail, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

2 of my favorite pedals have so much volume output that i cannot set the volume past 9 "oclock"
    one is the zendrive, the other is the eternity, even with the gain low! i e. mailed alf hermida about it
    and he even said that was strange as a lot of people run their volume knob on their pedals to at least 12. anyone else experience this? any suggestions? thanks,
    aldo................

2. Ned

Ned Member

i own both the zendrive and the eternity...both great pedals..and i do have the same experience with the eternity when using it at home (apartment and angry neighbors) i never move the volume above 9 oclock because it gets too loud...the zendrive on the otherhand i use around 12 oclock at least i find that strange that you have the same volume problem with the zen

3. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

thanks for the response! what are the settings on the zen 4 you?

4. entraind

entraind Member

For me it depends on how much gain I have on the Amp, the more gain on the amp the more I'll need to turn up the volume knob on my E. Most dirt pedals I've used have unity gain into a clean amp at very low settings, 9:00 or so.

In many cases the knobs are very sensitive at these places in their sweep and it's easy to bump them a bit on a gig and have things too quiet or too loud when you step on the pedal. Pedals that I dodn't find this to be the case on are the Tonebone Hot Brit and the Mosferatu. So it also surprises me that you find unity so low on your Zen--but in boutique-land each box is unique...

5. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

yeah! my barbers on the other hand, i have to have the volume at least 12 noon. you are right, unique territory!:BEER

6. radcliff

radcliff Member

My Zen settings change all the time, but I've been settling on:

Vol 12 oclock
    Gain 10 oclock
    Tone 130oclock
    Voice 3oclock

this is for a high gain (for me anyway) sound that sounds EXTREMELY rich and full

7. entraind

entraind Member

Exactly :) I just got a Small Fry (my first Barber)and I got the volume around noon also, It's a sweet pedal, dirt, EQ and light comp all in one...

8. mkg

mkg Member

Same here...just got a SF and have been keeping volume around noonish.
    It really is a versatile pedal.
    :AOK

9. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

i just dropped the gain to 10, and raised the volume to 11, voice and tone 12 still at 12:JAM, it sounds
    a lot better now! thanks everyone.

10. entraind

entraind Member

Yep:dude There are at least 5 killer pedals in there, Like the E, I'm only beginning to scratch the surface of what it can do....