Oasis humidifier thoughts

HeeHaw

I recently switched from the age old sponge type instrument humidifiers to the Oasis. I always felt the sponge type humidifiers dried out a little too fast for my liking. Guess what? The oasis humidifiers are drying out nearly as fast as the sponge type humidifiers.

I think my house is super dry because of the heat pump.:cry:

I will say I like the oasis design better because their isn't as much of a worry about water dripping inside of my guitars as with the sponge models.:)

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
The winter ha exceptionally dry.
I keep a digital hygrometer in each case with my Oases. I am filling more often these days (distilled water only) but the humidity in the case stays pretty level.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
It's this winter. My Oasis that I normally refill every two weeks needs to be checked weekly.

coldest winter in a hundred years I heard, so your heat is runnin' crazy.

The G

Love the Oasis. Used in all my acoustics, and yes this year I'm going through a lot more distilled water than usual. :drink

Big Boss Man

I use a stand alone room humidifier in the room where I keep my acoustics. Any guitar humidifier that you place in the sound hole has a risk of leaking. If you search this forum, you will find complaints about the Oasis leaking as well.

joeprs

I use the regular Oasis in my electric guitar cases, topping them off weekly, and the Oasis+ in my acoustic's sound holes, topping them off twice weekly. I also run a whole house humidifier, in my bedroom, where the guitars are kept, during the winter (heating) months. I live in Las Vegas which is dry most of the time.

With my refilling routine, I'll notice they may require more or less water depending on our weather and RH, but my routine seems to work and the guitars seldom if ever need adjusting or have any drying problems. I could let them go a little longer, but then I'll need to fill the injector twice to top off the humidifier and it's much easier to do that once, having enough water to top off the humidifier.

I am just about done replacing the humigel, which is recommended to be changed out annually as it will eventually lose it's absorption rate, possibly causing leaks.

Jim Moulton

This has been a cold dry,,inside winter, I use a sponge in a ziplock baggie besides my planet waves,which has the little sponge. Keeping her hydrated though:peenut

I use a stand alone room humidifier in the room where I keep my acoustics. Any guitar humidifier that you place in the sound hole has a risk of leaking. If you search this forum, you will find complaints about the Oasis leaking as well.
I can only recall a single complaint about an oasis humidifier leaking.

joeprs

It happens, but sometimes it could be user error. The humigel should be replace annually, if this isn't done, that could cause a leak.

VigilAndy

Gold Supporting Member
I wrap the oasis in a paper towel and loosely wrap that in a polish cloth. I put one behind the headstock and one behind the heel. Nothing in the soundhole. In a closed case that works fine and if it leaks nothings getting to the wood.