OBNE Dark Star, what do you think?

tochiro

Hi,

I like the sounds in the YT demos and the possibilities but are there cons to this pedal in your experience? Is it noisy for instance?

I hear there's a pre-delay, is it adjustable?

Cheers

triviani

Silver Supporting Member
I'd reallt want to try this one or the Procession, but I've seen a few complains about these having volume drops, volume bumps and/or noise problems. I'd buy one if I knew for sure it would not have any issues.

blobe

v1 were ugly pedals, volume drops, noise issues, defective pedals.
theoratically the v2 have solved the problem
still, i won't get burned twice. Should be enough to sink any "rising" company, not sure why they got so much credit but, i guess it's good for them and i wish them the best
for me tho, and from now on, obne is a non factor.
(won't mention the customer support, there is none)
I mean, it's cool to look hip and drink wine in churches while doing demos. I suppose.

Fwiw, I had awesome service from obne. My v1 black fountain had volume issues. They fixed it for free. No questions asked.

blobe

ymmv , i sent 2 inquiries about my procession being totally unusable in a band context (mix up = no volume).
I guess being in france didn't help, maybe?

derekeugene

Silver Supporting Member
I liked the vibe of the V1, but it was definitely noisy. Very cool pedal, but the noise killed it for me. If the V2 kills the noise then it's a great, oddball reverb.

tochiro

The question is: how to be sure about v2? When listening to the demos of v1 the noise is not that apparent.

hucklebee

v1 were ugly pedals, volume drops, noise issues, defective pedals.
theoratically the v2 have solved the problem
still, i won't get burned twice. Should be enough to sink any "rising" company, not sure why they got so much credit but, i guess it's good for them and i wish them the best
for me tho, and from now on, obne is a non factor.
(won't mention the customer support, there is none)
I mean, it's cool to look hip and drink wine in churches while doing demos. I suppose.

+1 on customer support. I bought a v1 6months ago.... Had noise floor issues (volume bump when engaged). I must have sent 10 emails over the last several months... zero response. Shame because it is a great concept. Customer service sucks.

Estock

For what it's worth, I've owned three of their pedals over time and they were all great. No issues. I've spoken with Brady and the guys over there a number of times and they're super nice and helpful.

anuj

Gold Supporting Member
Love my Dark Star - works as advertised, no complaints thus far. Haven't had to deal with customer service - I hope (and expect) this pedal'll keep on keepin on.

joe*w

I have an OBNE Procession. It has little to no floor nosie if set at unity gain (internal adjust). I've received great customer service from the guys over there.

Quick question: The Procession's wet signal can only achieve about 50-60% of the volume of the dry signal, even when set at 100%. Anyone know if the Dark Star is similar? Or can you match the wet signal volume to the dry signal?

Thanks

Trending Topics

Top Bottom