Observation from reading tons of Dumble threads...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Mpcoluv, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Seth L

Seth L Member

Tag says they're no good. This is all you need to know. :rotflmao

They sound mighty fine to me.

plumberstrummer likes this.
  2. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Just took in a CA OD-2 for service. It should be interesting to play as well as to see the topology etc.

kafka likes this.
  3. jnovac1

jnovac1 Supporting Member

looking forward to your comments!

4. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

False. I said in a direct A/B situation the Dumble smoked it, not even close.It did. I also said the Fuchs sounded MUCH closer to the Dumble. It did. I also said the Two Rock Emerald pro has much better cleans. It does. By itself, the CA sounds fine. A/Bing it is where the truth comes out. That is what I said. YOU need to pay attention. :aok

5. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Again, if it's not a D-style (nor intended to be) it's pointless, but I'm curious to see how it's built and how it sounds in general for my own edification.

6. sahhas

sahhas Supporting Member

Do people read the Dumble threads?

7. Tag

You do. o_O

lousyatit and sahhas like this.
  8. slybird

slybird Member

I peak in for a laugh. Might make a comment because I'm here. These people take these threads and amps way too seriously. I really think it is humorous.

I wouldn't mind dumble threads if there was less of them, but it seem they make a new one every day. I don't know how many amps the company made, but I am under the impression it is very few. TGP really should just have one thread for every amp and give dumbles their own sub forum here. I would then hit ignore for the entire forum.

Stu Blue, Mr. Bertha and sahhas like this.
  9. plumberstrummer

plumberstrummer Fatal3Records.com Supporting Member

Righteous, Mr Fuchs. Thank you for sharing some of what separates you from the chaff. Again, your company makes great amps, and I have watched your stellar customer service in action for years. I would recommend Fuchs to anyone considering one - easily. And the price point is unmatched, which is the point. To know that you spent so much energy dialing in your design only further informs my understanding of why your amps sound so good.

I am actually working with a PCB manufacturer on making an 1176 compressor board with thicker traces, and all the rest, and have been learning a lot about the challenges therein. Kudos to you for going the extra mile, and I can testy that the end result is worth it. Soldano and others also use thick traces, and I notice those amps sound better (yours as well, as it turns out). There are build techniques to try and mitigate the negative aspects of PCB, and I would put such amps against the "good" hand wired amps any day. Still, I do have a few serious HW gems that are unmatched in any respect, and I know that there is more to that result than just the build technique.

*EDIT:

ALSO - if you were serious about your offer for anyone to come to your shop, share beers and play amps, I am all for it. I'm not often on the east coast, but if I get that way soon could I take you up on it? It sounds like fun...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  10. Seth L

Seth L Member

You said the Dumble smoked it. That doesn't mean anything except you like your **** better.

TCMx3 likes this.
  11. Tag

Take it to mean anything you want. Im reporting my findings...however, what I did not say, was "their no good".
    I reserve that for Marshalls. :roll

12. Seth L

Seth L Member

Your findings mean you like your **** better. That's cool for you, but perhaps not for everyone else. Marshall's have sold more records than any Dumble or clone ever has. This Dumble business is actually pretty myopic. It's such a small part of what's out there.

logdrum and TCMx3 like this.
  13. Boxcar Wookie

Boxcar Wookie Member

I do not understand why people post in Dumble threads when they have no interest in them. It doesn't make sense. Unless they are just lashing out because they are jealous they will never afford one.

14. Seth L

Seth L Member

I can afford something better. :rotflmao I just love the the whole kool-aid vibe. Lashing out? I'm trying to make sense. IMHO where they really shine is slide.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  15. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I think we've already established that Dumble builds different amps with different sounds, and that TAG likes a very particular subset of that production. On that basis the fact that he prefers his Quinns and original ODS to Carol-Ann amps doesn't really tell anyone else anything about how they'd feel. Unless they particularly liked Politician, then I'd trust TAG's ears!

16. Boxcar Wookie

Boxcar Wookie Member

I find more of a kook aid vibe with the guys that are so against Dumble amps. Even though they've never played one. It's like a dysfunctional cult you guys are all. Such bitterness over something you will never own. It is entertaining to watch all the ants scurry.

plumberstrummer, voodoosound and Tag like this.
  17. Tag

But you are getting into the "its all good, its all subjective" thing. I dont buy that and never have. My experiences have shown me otherwise. Some amps sound great, some sound good, and some sound like ass. And when you put players into the same room, most agree. Sure there are a few exceptions, but not many. Go out and line those amps up the way I did and A/B/C them. I dont care if you play metal, jazz, country or blues. All prices being equal, every player would walk out with the Dumble. Lights out. Good night Irene. There is a reason Dumbles get the money they do. Because they sound like nothing else. Look at how many guys try and clone them, or claim "Based on a Dumbe". Why do you think amp garage had hundreds of guys trying to get every bit of info they could on any Dumble they could find?? Because they sound like nothing else.:aok

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Boxcar Wookie likes this.
  18. ducker 1

ducker 1 Member

Tone is all subjective--and theres really no reason those amps are so expensive other than pure legend-Dumbles sound good but not that good --but hey If one wants to pay for it let em.

19. Gupps01

Gupps01 Member

There's also this thing called supply and demand

20. ducker 1

ducker 1 Member

yup theres also a thing called mojo too