observations with boosts

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Vishnu, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Vishnu

Vishnu Member

or anything actually that boosts the OD circuit levels.......it brings up the reverb or/and delay levels with it and sometimes it don't sound so good,YEAH?

2. straightblues

straightblues Member

Try moving the delay and reverb in your signal chain. If you have a loop in your amp, use the loop for the reverb and delay and put the boost in front of the amp.

3. Vishnu

Vishnu Member

normally one would try and have the delay and verb in the loop if using the amps own OD but this is front of the amp OD pedals and boost

4. Seegs

Seegs Member

Not an issue when said delay/verb pedal has enough headroom...went through a lot of pedals and the ones that stick are the ones that can handle dirt boxes/boosts going through them...

Absolutely not an issue with the new stereo Wet which is my pedal of choice...

No loops in any of my amps so everything goes through the front...

Chow,
    Seegs

5. markmantle

markmantle Member

Going in through the front here as well;)

6. Blues Lyne

Blues Lyne Member

Is the boost causing the amp to distort or compress? Assuming the delay is before the amp and not in the loop, this will make the delay seem louder and smear some. I run my old Fenders so they are just starting to compress and break up and had a similar problem. I stopped using the amps reverb and just used a light delay and that helped clear things up. I also picked up a Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay and it works much better in front of the amp and doesn't smear like others. It can get louder with a boost, but to a certain extent, the louder the signal hitting the delay, the louder the delay will be. Another thing to try is setting the delay level with the boost on.

7. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Never had a problem, love my boost pedal. I keep my delay and reverb in the wet part of my w/d/w rig.