OCD Germanium

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bulbasaur_85, May 3, 2019.

1. Slideman

Slideman Member

Can anyone weigh in as to how it sits in a live mix or with a full band? I love the warmth/thick comments...that usually sounds great in isolation. How is it "cutting" through -- like a scooped fuzz that gets lost (that requires mid boosting), or can it make the cut all on its own?

2. ric4682

ric4682 Supporting Member

Just depends on your base tone. If you normally use more of a scooped tone the OCD probably won’t cut through like you want. The pedal doesn’t really alter the eq of your signal so if you have a decent amount of midrange and not a ton of bass then it’ll probably sound great.

Slideman likes this.
  3. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

I was using a 335 in the band and it cut through fine. I tend to run the gain at 9 or 10 and it was prominent. Its a "loud" pedal. Even in HP it wasn't muddy by any means.

4. jt3_jon

jt3_jon Member

Trying to find a comparison video or audio of v2 & ge, but can’t seem to find one. Did you have any luck?

5. Robot B9

Robot B9 Member

I ended up buying the OCD GE and returned it. I found it to be darker than V2. I don't know why Mike Fuller is making the latest crop of OCDs so dark sounding. I guess they are good if you have a really bright amp.

6. Noe Chaparro

Noe Chaparro Member

Just ordered my OCD GE. I'm super excited because a while back I sold my OCD V2 and regretted it ever since. I really enjoyed the OCD as a good Rhythm tone and then I punch in a tube screamer like pedal in front of it. It's magical. Really looking forward to seeing how the GE stacks.