OCD in Amplitube 4

TDSTIAYW

A question for those of you who own the Fulltone OCD.

How close to the real thing does the Amplitube 4 model sound?

Thanks

TDSTIAYW

Any other opinions?

To me it sounds very close.

However, I have never owned the real thing.

I'm most concerned with the feel of the VST vs the feel of the analog pedal.

Cheers.

TDSTIAYW

Because I played through the pedal live and enjoyed both the tone and the feel.

Not presently owning an OCD, I can only make an assessment of the VST based on my memory of the real thing.

Loads of VSTs sound decent but exhibit poor dynamics and feel. Many also deal poorly with transients.

Hence my question to the owners of the pedal.

green72

Silver Supporting Member
The OCD has some serious mojo, at least mine does. It's a version 2. I've tried a ton of OD pedals, none of them quite has the dynamics the OCD does.

I run a Wampler Ego in front of it with the gain at about 9. That's probably my favorite tone ever.

Amplitube just doesn't cut it period. Try S-Gear. My actual OCD pedal plays much nicer with it.

richpjr

The OCD has some serious mojo, at least mine does. It's a version 2. I've tried a ton of OD pedals, none of them quite has the dynamics the OCD does.

I run a Wampler Ego in front of it with the gain at about 9. That's probably my favorite tone ever.

Amplitube just doesn't cut it period. Try S-Gear. My actual OCD pedal plays much nicer with it.

S-Gear is my go to modeler, but listen to that Koch demo of the new Fender 2 amps - that sounds killer! The Mesa amps also sound very good. The UI is an abomination, though. I HATE having to scroll through junk I don't own.

TDSTIAYW

Yup. I'm an S-Gear guy also. Can't wait for another high gain model. I use the Jackal a lot and would love another high gain flavor to pair with it...

cwlivingston

FWIW I found Amplitube v4 to be a big improvement. In fact it's the only software modeler I own (Bias, Tonestack, Mobile Pod, and Jamup being the others) that doesn't choke up when I run my real Fulltone 69 in front of it (via Apogee Jam interface). But I am planning on trying S Gear when I upgrade my laptop later this year. And probably upgrading the interface too...Apogee Jam is very good but I'm not convinced it's the best choice for adaptive input impedance.

green72

Silver Supporting Member
im not agree with you Amplitube 4 its a very good plugin,i really like the marshalls,S-Gear in my opinion its one of the best plugins out there,i just bought it some days ago!!!

Yeah, I should have explained. The Amplitube OCD doesn't really cut it compared to the REAL OCD pedal.

I really like Amplitube. Their Mesa-Boogie Mark IV is a real beast. The Fender stuff is really nice too, plus it's got some great bass amps.

I prefer S-Gear though for most stuff.

Ni6htWalker

Yeah, I should have explained. The Amplitube OCD doesn't really cut it compared to the REAL OCD pedal.

I really like Amplitube. Their Mesa-Boogie Mark IV is a real beast. The Fender stuff is really nice too, plus it's got some great bass amps.

I prefer S-Gear though for most stuff.

yeahh i agree with you with the OCD i prefer to use real pedal,S-Gear super super great realistic plugin,i love it.,also i recommend you check out the Mercuriall Spark plugin,its another super cool plugin.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom