OCD or FDII stack into Timmy?

wragen22

Alright folks. I'm loving my Timmy for some transparent OD into my super champ with either my strat or tele. Which would you run into the timmy of these two? The OCD v.4 or Fulldrive 2 ?

wragen22

After trying both setups, i think i'm liking the fulldrive in front as opposed to the ocd. To me it's sounding smoother and clearer for lead. OCD a bit garbled..

jchan

It depends on how much mids you want in your tone. Fulldrive has more mids, the OCD has a flat EQ. Both good pedals though.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
If you have a somewhat more recent version of the Fulldrive II that has the mini-switch option to select modes, the traditional tube screamer type mid-hump in a Fulldrive comes from the "Vintage" mode - move that little mini-switch on the Fulldrive II into FM mode (FLAT MIDS) you can escape the tube screamer mud that the boost in the mids brings on the most recent version of the pedal. From the Fulltone site:

Mini-Toggle #1
"Vintage" for old-style Fd2 mid-heavy tones that cut through the mix
"FM" stands for "flat-mids" offering a more natural sound but I've enhanced this mode for even more transparency, it sounds great on a strat's Neck Pickup, truly spectacular! .

I just got my Timmy today and I'm lovin it!!
I have my OCD before my fuzz and I put the Timmy after it. Timmy screams nice with the OCD boosting it.

jlw001

I will say FDII into the Timmy.

My rule of thumb is that I boost "open" sounding ODs with "smooth" sounding ODs. For instant a TS-9 into a OCD. I have found this type of stacking to work well. "Smooth" into "Open" usually works well. It keeps things from getting too loose and "splatty".

Guitarbrett

Silver Supporting Member
I have found this combo to work best. I love the OCD, but didn't like it in front of the TIM. I can't run anything in front of My FDII; sounds odd to me. I love the FDII and OCD though. I actually really like all the Fulltone products I have tried.

Marrrty

Hey guys late reprisal of the thread I know.... but are you using HBs or singles when running the OCD into the Timmy?

Trending Topics