OCD or JHS @

homeunit

Platinum Supporting Member
Hi guys, I’m playing rock some heavier stuff and cover band thing. I’m just building a new rig and would like some advice on drive pedals. I play a Mesa TC 100 with buckers and p90 loaded mahongany bodied guitars. I plan on trying to run an exotic ep3 for a little boost.

for the drive I’m thinking OCD and/or the JHS @. Does anyone have experience with these pedals, and would you recommend them? If not what would you recommend?

I’ll have my channels set up as follows,

- ch1 clean but pushed, would be nice to be able to push into just past edge of breakup, the into a good chunky rhythm tone.

- ch2 starts broken then heavy rhythm then a lead boost.

- ch3 not sure yet, either really heavy, or clone ch2 with different EQ..

Help, thoughts, suggestions, advice and abuse welcome

John

hendrik7

I have both. The @ is on my board. Not going anywhere. Using it for chunky rhythms and solos into a clean amp. Love it.

jlinde

I thought the @ sounded better than the Ocd. I also thought the Angry Charlie V3 sounded better than the @. For what you're describing a klone might work better for your needs.

SubApathy

I thought the @ sounded better than the Ocd. I also thought the Angry Charlie V3 sounded better than the @. For what you're describing a klone might work better for your needs.
+1
Another vote for the Angry Charlie v3.

homeunit

Thanks guys. I’m open to anything so I appreciate the suggestions.

Trending Topics