OCD question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Mooncusser, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

HI all,

Anyone here prefer the older OCD rather than the newer 500 meg model?
    Thanks,
    Mass

2. Addicted toEF86

Addicted toEF86 Member

I haven't tried the new OCD, but there's never been a problem with the old one to my ears. What exactly is different with the new one?

3. mustangman

mustangman Member

I feel the same way you do! I love my older OCD and i can't see how the new one could be better. but i would still like to try the new one. :D

4. gtrnstuff

gtrnstuff Member

I did the mod and haven't looked back.

5. El Gallo Negro

El Gallo Negro Member

I tried the new OCD for the possibility of more mids, but for me it lost most of the harmonic magic that I dig so much about the old one. It just sort of tamed the pedal overall (lows and highs), which was not what I wanted. And the additional mids were not enough to make up for it.

All that said, the new OCD retains the unbeatable touch sensitivity/dynamics, and the wide-open, uncompressed feeling of the old one.
    It's still bomb, I just prefer the first version.

6. Hipster Dofus

Hipster Dofus Member

I have #488 OCD. The micro switch was broke when I bought it, and It's on the lower gain side all the time. I bought off Fleabay, and was screwed in the deal, but in the end I love the OCD. I was going to send it in to get fixed and get the mod, but why mess with a great sounding box. I set the gain less then 9:00 and it really shines with my EJ strat and a Maz jr/celestion blue. I LOVED the Fat Boost I had, and I think i set my OCD to get closer to it, but the pedal is sooo responsive, and I can't remember it the FB was that way as well.
    i would like to hear the OCD on the HP setting some day........

7. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Not I. I sold my old OCD because I didn't care for the tone I was getting. By chance I was in a store two months ago that had gotten the new ones in and loved the change. Touch sensitive magic in those white boxes.

8. jdps150

jdps150 Member

I have the original version and a while ago I replaced the pot. & after a few hours returned it to stock.

9. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    Is there any way to "MOD-out" those harsh highs in the OCD?