OCD Users: What are you stacking it with?

Im using it as a low gain overdrive and im looking for another low gainer/boost to run into it for medium gain tones.

I also want the 2nd pedal to work good as a boost into my amp.

So whats the magical combo you have found?

carlygtr56

Im using it as a low gain overdrive and im looking for another low gainer/boost to run into it for medium gain tones.

I also want the 2nd pedal to work good as a boost into my amp.

So whats the magical combo you have found?

Last year I saw Trower with two ODC's, in line and plugged in.
He sounded awesome, IMO.

Yossi

Just recently I got two Xotic Pedals the BB and the AC Plus. I've used the OCD with each of them. All three at the same time seems to be a bit much but you can tweak the controls to get a good spectrum of tones.

jimmy54

I run a catalinbread super chili picoso clean boost after the OCD. Really opens up the sound and in some strange way makes it sound slightly cleaner/more natural.
I run a treble booster in front of it but this gives a higher gain tone (think sabbath) not medium gain.
To get more medium gain tones with the OCD, I set it up for medium gain when the guitar vol is full up and then roll the guitars vol down a bit for lower gain tones.

monk

I had the OCD v.1 a few years ago. I liked to push it with a Foxrox ZIM or a
Keeley Fuzzhead. Also liked it combined with a Z-VEX SHO.

FLYING V 83

Gibson Geezer
I also ran two OCDs at one point, a v2 into a v3.
Both set low, it was pretty good.
But I recently acquired a Cactus Crunch and it made the v2 sing.
And on it's own, the Cactus was the crunch I've been looking for.
So much so that I traded my v2 OCD for another one. :crazy

Thanks for the imput so far. I was set on a timmy but im not sure if i want one anymore.

Im thinking one of these:
Skreddy Screwdriver
Silver Kiss
Full drive
Ac booster

Has anyone tried the full drive into the OCD? Im not sure if i want to give up that much space or just get a smaller pedal

cam

Silver Supporting Member
I'm stacking it into a Pod XTL for now. :)

I often use a Bad Monkey in front of the OCD for leads, too.

jmp

Silver Supporting Member
I will sometimes run my Analogman Beano Boost treble booster into the OCD (set on LP with gain around 10:00). Great searing lead tone!

vinceman

i use a '69 in front of it for hi gain fuzz tones, a bad monkey or a monte allums modded BD2 (in front) tu push it a bit. and I run the ocd into a mi tube zone (gain at 1 or 2PM ) for distortion madness.

My ocd in a V2, and is set at about noon for gain and tone.

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
I'm driving my OCD ver3 with a MI Audio Blues Pro those 2 pedals sound real nice together!

waynesmith

I run my OCD v1 into a Xotic BB preamp. I hit the BB when I want to push it a little harder, but the OCD in front of a slightly overdriven amp works nice also..

rob2001

Indy modded SD-1 in front of the OCD for leadwork. All into a 1/2 dirty JCM 800. Adding the OCD ended OD pedal GAS.

FloridaSam

I'm stacking it into a Pod XTL for now. :)

I often use a Bad Monkey in front of the OCD for leads, too.
I also love the Monkey into a V3. Sounds incredible, also make suret o run the OCD at 18v, this combo sounds awesome.

I also get amazing, "infinite sustain" with the Zendrive into the OCD. Another great combo.

Ryan

Either a KBD-2 or a ElectroHarmonix Linear Power Boost. I'd like to experiment with another OCD..

byrdman

OCD stacked into an ICBM creates a smooth singing tone with perfect mids. This is really more about the OCD altering the ICBM tone and making the ICBM sound different. The OCD is also fabulous on its own.

May now have to try pushing the OCD.

This a good question re: OCD stacking.

aksman

Right now, I use a BB Preamp at low gain into the OCD and it's great. Then the OCD goes into a Tube Zone, which also rules... Either combo gives me awesome high gain.

Now, anyone use a Timmy to stack? and how? (I've got one coming)

Trending Topics