OCD v1.2/3 "Clones"... Does anyone make one?

treeuh

I was just thinking how ridiculous it is that I've been monitoring the emporium for an OCD V2 or V3 when it's a pedal so desired yet no one makes it anymore...

The V4 is vastly different (to my and many others' ears), so doesn't another company pick up the schematic and start producing what the people really want? Obviously make some changes and improvements if possible, but still, I feel like the demand is there.

Am I missing something? Is it out there?

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
Why don't you just buy a new one and mod it? From what I have heard that are only minor differences. I loved the first version of the OCD and the latest version. I think they got it back to sounding right.

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
I've been scouring the emporium for a v1.7... And strangely haven't seen any recently

UncleLarry

Why don't you just buy a new one and mod it? From what I have heard that are only minor differences. I loved the first version of the OCD and the latest version. I think they got it back to sounding right.
There's nothing wrong with the newest version (1.7). You can buy 'em at Guitar Center. :)

The biggest "improvements" that Mike Fuller did were to change the value of a low-pass cap which tightened up the bass as well as removing a germanium diode from the circuit. That diode was likely responsible for much of the "fizz" that many complained about. There is little difference between 1.4 and 1.7. I believe that a resistor was bridged between terminal and wiper on the volume pot to improve the slope taper on the higher versions.

Trending Topics